diy solar

diy solar

XiaoxingBMS update issues

Awsmits

I have two “models” of 4S JDB BMS units. They both worked well under the XiaoxingBMS iOS app, until the recent software update. Now one BMS units works fine, but the other can’t update any changes to the BMS configuration.

Anyone have similar issues?

I have not tried to update configurations but found out yesterday that it will not turn the Battery ON or OFF and it will not turn the Charge or Discharge ON of OFF (individually). I would really like to find a way to update the Firmware in the BMS's to see if that will fix the problem and also allow some of the new program features to be utilized.

I have not tried to update configurations but found out yesterday that it will not turn the Battery ON or OFF and it will not turn the Charge or Discharge ON of OFF (individually). I would really like to find a way to update the Firmware in the BMS's to see if that will fix the problem and also allow some of the new program features to be utilized.
I have the exact problem. Could do the above on previous version.

In reading the release notes on the app, it says that it "Only works with Firmware above version 21 and some 20."
What the heck are we supposed to do? I cannot downgrade the app to the previous version. Apple kindly removed that ability in the update of iTunes 12.7. I don't see any other way to do it on the phone. The only hope we have is if there is a way to update the Firmware on the BMS's. This is very shortsighted on the app developers part. I have 8 BMS's that have firmware versions older than 20.

I e-mailed the developer but an not holding my breath for a response.

OK, well i did get a response back from the developer and here it is: "The FW can be updated with the PC software and hardware dongle. Please ask manufacturer of the board for latest BMS FW: https://jiabaidabms.com/"

I am not sure what PC software and what dongle and where it is supposed to plug into the BMS at but I guess I will try and figure that out.

Well nothing like getting the brush-off from the manufacturer. I requested the BMS Firmware update files directly from the JBD website and Neko@jiabaida.com <AngroNeko@163.com> responded with:
Hi,
Please find the direct saler and let them help you.
Rgds

I responded to him that he WAS the direct seller as I have purchased most of my BMS's from their store on AliExpress. Not sure where to go now.

Is this not a problem for anyone else? I guess it will become more and more evident as people begin to find out they can no longer control their BMS's via the iOS app.

In reading the release notes on the app, it says that it "Only works with Firmware above version 21 and some 20."
That's really poor practice that they simply didn't write the software to handle both versions. It's called backwards compatibility.. In many ways the software is as important as the hardware and it scares me that a lot of these BMSs are completely opaque with regard to software. No idea what changes between firmware versions, client apps, etc.. Release notes would be a big step in right direction at least.

That's really poor practice that they simply didn't write the software to handle both versions. It's called backwards compatibility.. In many ways the software is as important as the hardware and it scares me that a lot of these BMSs are completely opaque with regard to software. No idea what changes between firmware versions, client apps, etc.. Release notes would be a big step in right direction at least.
Yea, I am not used to having to check for backwards compatibility when I upgrade an app. I really hope enough people complain so they fix it.

Back