diy solar

diy solar

XW6048 compatibility?

ticega306

Hello all. New member here gathering info as im looking to improve my systems.

I have an “older” Xantrex XW6048 running firmware 1.04.00 BN 15. I also have the SCP and an AGS.

I want to upgrade my charge controller to a Schneider MPPT 60 150 and also install the insight home for better monitoring. Can anyone confirm the compatibility of my XW6048 with these newer components?

The Schneider MPPT 60 150 was designed at the same time as the XW6048, I was the lead hardware engineer for that mppt controller, it should be plug and play if you choose to use the Xanbus, or just manually enter the setting to your liking for your XW6048.

Thank you very much for the replies.

The Schneider MPPT 60 150 was designed at the same time as the XW6048, I was the lead hardware engineer for that mppt controller, it should be plug and play if you choose to use the Xanbus, or just manually enter the setting to your liking for your XW6048.
Thats great! Exactly the confirmation i needed. Thank you.

What about Insight Home?

Well i can officially confirm that my “old” XW6048 is compatible with newer devices like the MPPT 60 150 and insight home.

Configuring the InsightHome wasn’t too bad though not exactly straight forward.

I got InsightCloud configured also but the refresh rate is really slow and theres a considerable delay in the info provided on the dashboard.
9174D9A1-AFA9-4CF1-847A-AA0CCB1073E7.jpeg

I also have a Xw6048 with SCP that I'm looking to upgrade to insight home and a MPPT 600-100. So once insight home is installed, there's no more need for the SCP? And you can control everything through the insight home?

I also have a Xw6048 with SCP that I'm looking to upgrade to insight home and a MPPT 600-100. So once insight home is installed, there's no more need for the SCP? And you can control everything through the insight home?
I also have the older XW6048 & just added another MPPT 150 60 (already had two). I wanted to add the newer MPPT 100 600, but after several contacts with Schneider, and some info provided here by others, I was told it would not work. Could someone possibly get it to sync up? Don't know, but I opted to not test my luck trying to mesh the older XW with the much newer MPPT 600.

DSCN4284[1].JPG

Back