diy solar

diy solar

YamBMS JK-BMS-CAN with new Cut-Off Charging Logic (open-source)

Well it would help if you also shared the other parameters / fields ... Not sure if there is something else that we are missing.

Otherwise yeah. Solar power is available or inverter is being told to charge from the grid (maybe based on timer / time of day ???).
No solar ..its night here in uk by this time

The only one settings i messed with on the inverter side today is this

Last edited:
By the way (yes ... I'm requoting an old post) ... Did you also face issues with BLE and syssi Software ?

I know they recently released a major update that requires some re-configuration. I'm still on the old version, but my ESP32 connected via BLE report periodically "Offline" (approx 6h duration, happens every 2-3 weeks). Did you also encounter this issue ?

I initially greatly improved the reliability by essentially gluing the ESP32 on top of a Polycarbonate plate on top of the BMS (~ 30cm), so it should have excellent WiFi and BLE connectivity. Yet it drops off from time to time.

Initially I thought it was the BMS that went offline and all protections got disabled all of a sudden 😨
which update version are you talking about?
my ble connection is absolutely rock solid since days. have you set the framework to esp-idf or arduino?
There is about 2m between the ESP and the BMS - and the Battery is in an wooden cabinet

My other two batteries are in the basement in an metal cabinet (with open doors at the moment) and the ESP is on the ground floor and aprox 6m distance....and the BLE still works, but sometime reconnects after yome hours. So the BLE is really stronger than i thought

my ble connection is absolutely rock solid since days. have you set the framework to esp-idf or arduino?
I think its not the ESP - sry

it must be something to do with the Inverside - i just seen CAN failed , and i restarted the ESP setup and CAN is back but still issue remains

There is about 2m between the ESP and the BMS - and the Battery is in an wooden cabinet

My other two batteries are in the basement in an metal cabinet (with open doors at the moment) and the ESP is on the ground floor and aprox 6m distance....and the BLE still works, but sometime reconnects after yome hours. So the BLE is really stronger than i thought
syssi esphome-jk-bms 2.0.0 vs 1.5.0.

I flashed 2.0.0 and placed the 2 esp32s further apart from each other and with wifi output_power set lower.

@silverstone

Help me out here
i have 2 ununiformed absorption offset (notice in the screenshot)
Absorption time is not available on the Slave ESP setting even though they are the same BMS model)

what should i set the absortion to - i just guessed
View attachment 200855

View attachment 200856

and yes the Bulk v are not the same...deliberately, bcos batt 2 was not charging and discharging at the same rate so i used that to correct the behavior and it worked
You are using different versions of the CAN Controller software - the newer version does not have a sbsorbtion time but the absorbtion offset.
Only the set voltages in the CAN ESP that is connected to the inverter matters - the other doesnt do anything at all

Today is the day that nothing works for me....i am also dealing with a no manual setup of the new PB2A16S20P that came today
its not as straightfarward as the power bms,
the numbering are all wrong...no way to tell --- arrrg i am fed up

You are using different versions of the CAN Controller software - the newer version does not have a sbsorbtion time but the absorbtion offset.
Only the set voltages in the CAN ESP that is connected to the inverter matters - the other doesnt do anything at all
@

Der_Hannes

this is old - i have since upgraded to the new .17 ...i sent you the zip files

Today is the day that nothing works for me....i am also dealing with a no manual setup of the new PB2A16S20P that came today
its not as straightfarward as the power bms,
the numbering are all wrong...no way to tell --- arrrg i am fed up
There are those days ...

I wanted to calibrate my JK BMS Voltage Offset today. Toggled the circuit breaker but forgot that then the BMS also loses its voltage supply (battery voltage). OK ... I had a recovery method using some banana plugs interface. That didn't work. Charge the battery with charger. Nope. Disconnect everything then using the precharge resistors I had in the system I could apply extra voltage across the BMS and it finally woke up.

Then my Rock 5B stopped working. No ethernet. No MQTT. No Home Assistant. Troubleshoot that. Wire up some Serial Interface Debugger. Change some settings. Then dnsmasq wouldn't work. Ah ... that was systemd-resolved conflicting with DNSmasq using port 53. Alright.

I tried reflashing syssi esphome-jk-bms like 50 times because MQTT didn't update at all. And it was all due to the DNSmasq dhcp server not working because of a setting I didn't do a few weeks ago.

Basically lost like 5h troubleshooting all of this in the morning.

So yeah, you are not alone there. I also have those days :rolleyes:

syssi esphome-jk-bms 2.0.0 vs 1.5.0.

I flashed 2.0.0 and placed the 2 esp32s further apart from each other and with wifi output_power set lower.
Ah, yes you maybe have to pick another BLE Protocol for some BMSs - and i´m on 2.0.0 since the release and there are absolutely no issues with the connection - would recommend you tu update and keep an eye on the connection indicator

@chaosnature
your issue related to your breakers:
please provide a proper schematic like silverstone said - otherwise no one can follow your setup to help
Also your wire colors are confusing

besides that, i can tell you that your breakers are not good quality and i would not rely on them.

Ah, yes you maybe have to pick another BLE Protocol for some BMSs - and i´m on 2.0.0 since the release and there are absolutely no issues with the connection - would recommend you tu update and keep an eye on the connection indicator
I think the main thing was to place the two esp32 further apart from each other and still on top of the BMS more or less. And turning down wifi output_power. Seems stable at least for today :) .

I think the main thing was to place the two esp32 further apart from each other and still on top of the BMS more or less. And turning down wifi output_power. Seems stable at least for today :) .
Great if it works now - i had never a problem with two esp being too close together
These two ESPs are connecting through the through the concrete ceiling down into the basement

1710015723412.png

Great if it works now - i had never a problem with two esp being too close together
These two ESPs are connecting through the through the concrete ceiling down into the basement

View attachment 201118
The BLE on the JK BMS HW v10 isn't that powerful. I could connect through my bedroom ~4m away through the window (and gips panels in the garage) using my smartphone and the JK BMS app to HW v11, but HW v10 has a lower range.

That being said, both devices had issues using syssi esphome-jk-bms software (which is much nicer than sticking your smartphone glued to the window at exactly the right angle 🤣 ).I liked his software very much. And, funnily enough, I didn't know at the start that I could simply do home assistant "basic setup" and it would have worked out of the box. Instead I was periodically manually checking using some python script that fetched the mqtt data 🤣.

I reduced the wifi output_power as said. It could also be that setting logger to DEBUG in the past caused some issues (I recall some posts on the home assistant forum). Now it's set to INFO. Let's see how it goes ... Maybe it will still have problem in a few weeks.

I really think its the inverter settings
self-used refused to disable - wonder who is the bose..you give command , system is supposed to obey
1710016415148.png

i have raised a ticket with Solis...
FYI there are serial numbers and email address of installer (assuming it's not yours) in some of the previous pictures you posted. Consider updating/obfuscating for privacy/liability reasons etc. I'm just pointing out, you do as you like of course.

diy solar

diy solar
Back