diy solar

diy solar

YamBMS JK-BMS-CAN with new Cut-Off Charging Logic (open-source)

I tend to agree. Except at the top of the charge curve in my case, one cell rises quite fast (3.55V -> 3.60V in less than 5s).
Hence my reccomendation to lower the update_interval to 1s. 3s might also be enough.

The "overhead" of the mqtt is peanuts compared to the "delay" that could be caused by update_interval on the esp32 :)
The auto current control should keep that situation under control, even at 5s. If you look at the beginning of the thread, I posted a link to a Google sheet - it shows how max current will taper off in advance of OVPR.

The auto current control should keep that situation under control, even at 5s. If you look at the beginning of the thread, I posted a link to a Google sheet - it shows how max current will taper off in advance of OVPR.
But is that already implemented in @Der_Hannes code ? Or is this in the newly upcoming version ?

mainly v1.17.4 will also lower the charge voltage in addition to the charge current
@MrPablo please correct me if i´m wrong
Just to make sure: are these "reference" values for the inverter also accessible via e.g. MQTT ?

I'd like to also set my charger to the same reference values (I have a charger in parallel with the batteries, but the charger setpoint must be approx. 0.1V BELOW the inverter, otherwise the inverter will forcefully try to discharge the batteries, totally ignoring the batteries).

Just to make sure: are these "reference" values for the inverter also accessible via e.g. MQTT ?

I'd like to also set my charger to the same reference values (I have a charger in parallel with the batteries, but the charger setpoint must be approx. 0.1V BELOW the inverter, otherwise the inverter will forcefully try to discharge the batteries, totally ignoring the batteries).
on my repo for sure - its the requested charge voltage

Ok, I think I've identified the problem.
I suggest staying on the old firmware for today, I'll provide a YAML for you to test tomorrow.

Edit:
For others, please note this issue only affects li-ion batteries, any LFP batteries will work as normal.
No worries

Ok, I think I've identified the problem.
I suggest staying on the old firmware for today, I'll provide a YAML for you to test tomorrow.

Edit:
For others, please note this issue only affects li-ion batteries, any LFP batteries will work as normal.
lol...glad you have...that problem stressed me out yesterday - what didn't help was my toothache I had to also contend with :)

Hey MrPablo.

I know it's early, but did you get around to making the update for the Lithium setup?

thanks

Some of the values shown on your earlier HA screenshot don't seem to quite line up with the BMS values.
Could you confirm exactly what the full sensor name is for the below sensors?

The reason I ask is because the UVPR value is used for determining auto discharge current values.
1710160135886.png

Last edited:
Have to say that version 1.17.3 is working perfectly for my EG4 6000xp (LFP Battery Type 2). Charging slowly at the moment for additional testing/calibration readings. Forgot the charge limit can only be updated by reflashing so will need to edit the config and update again.

Attachments

• IMG_4793.jpeg
    IMG_4793.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 13
Some of the values shown on your earlier HA screenshot don't seem to quite line up with the BMS values.

The reason I ask is because the UVPR value is used for determining auto discharge current values.
View attachment 201439
remember i am running old version on master and new on slave - so you want to look at the master version of ESP which i think is the screenshot i provided

of the values shown on your earlier HA screenshot don't seem to quite line up with the BMS values.

View attachment 201439
jk-bms-ble-can-2 cell voltage undervoltage protection - 3.33
jk-bms-ble-can-2 cell voltage undervoltage recovery - 4.0 i think

diy solar

diy solar
Back