diy solar

diy solar

Zeva bms what relay should I use?

leman2112

I got about 19kwh of LG chem 45 ah cells from a chrysler pacifica Hybrid. All the cells have tabs cut to become individual cells and I have built new tabs and am assembling them into 12v batteries.

Now I want to create a very inexpensive system because I bought a newish chevy bolt that I got to pay off and work is slow where I live.

My dad gave me a free 2000 watt inverter that he salvaged from a boat.

I have a zeva bms.

Anyone know what relay parameters I should get so I can hook up my zeva bms and start charging these batteries with some solar panels.

Thinking about just using a cheap 100 dollar amazon pow mr solar charge controller to get started. Almost all 5 star reviews on amazon and my dad already has one that is killing it right now. I am in love!

If this is 3.6-3.7V nominal chemistry, they make garbage 12V. You're either working from 12-16.8V or 7.5-12.6V.

Inverters typically work between 10.5-16V (often lower than 16V). Either way you go, you leave a notable amount of capacity on the table that's unusable, and rather than being able to work closer to the middle of the range, you have to go to one extreme or the other (0% or 100%).

Zeva sells relays with their units.

Do your research on these cells and learn what limits you have to work with.

Cool thanks for the reply bud. Maybe I should just build a 350 volt pack, then, like what they originally were intended for powering an electric car. I guess I can just use one of my contactors then because all a contactor is is a big high voltage relay. And I can use my opensource tesla gen 2 charger to power the battery. I wonder if I can plug the tesla charger into the inverter my dad gave me. Got to look at the specs.

I got a ton of research to do. I just know electric cars can power a house in a power outage and I definitely want to power this pack off the sun. It would be nice to buy a more expensive solar charge controller too that would allow me too upgrade to more solar panels as time goes by.

I got a ton of research to do. I just know electric cars can power a house in a power outage and I definitely want to power this pack off the sun. It would be nice to buy a more expensive solar charge controller too that would allow me too upgrade to more solar panels as time goes by.

Have you researched this? You may find that it's not at all easy to implement. In fact there are a couple of recent threads to that effect.

Cool yeah I really got to get researching. Just got here. I learned a ton about electric cars on the diyelectriccarforum.

Back