diy solar

diy solar

100kw off grid system

heavenlyhvac

looking to build my first off grid system

100kw off grid pure sine inverter
100kw 10kwh 48v lifepo4 battery bank " 10x10 "or should i get a bigger one but there so heavy and a burden everything is already heavy enough
169 x 590w solar panels

lets try to find me the best quality and prices please. ive been planning and saving up for this for awhile
i did the 15kw grid tie system in 2016. meh i over payed for those junky 280w panels i got robbed tbh

ive found some really nice things here is some of the items that caught my attention please feel free to give some input

10KWh 51.2V 200Ah LiFePO4 Lithium Battery Solar Energy Storage System​

Price for 1 Each: $3,870.00 x 10 for mobility these battery banks are heavy and dangerous

Item ID:ECPC-10KWh-51.2V-200Ah-Battery-ESS

FUTURESOLAR 590W panels x 169​

i will be doing geothermal heating and cooling better insulation and powering water wells and 4 smaller houses and my workshop on the ranch. how many amps am i going to be able to pull ? is this things even gonna work ? can i pull this off is the technology finally here with price per kilowatt. will i be able to put the grid behind me and power my property with minimal issues. im in sunny southern california.

or should i just keep breaking down each solar array for each house, shop and well.

its just 7 systems to manage or 1 big system. so like 6 / 15kw systems and a 10kw system ?

there is just so many options out there but only one outcome success

Last edited:
My suggestion is to have multiple systems. A typical grid connect 3 phase system in Australia is 24kw.

Work out power zones for your property and build separate power systems to suit.

I would use SMA inverters, and have one large 3 phase system for your shop, and 6 single phase systems for the rest.

Keep battery sizes to a minimum, as the systems can be configured to share power as required.

In Australia, 2nd hand SMA inverters and panels are available very inexpensively.

A system like that here using Pylontech batteries would be around $100kAUD

10KWh 51.2V 200Ah LiFePO4 Lithium Battery Solar Energy Storage System

Price for 1 Each: $3,870.00 x 10 for mobility these battery banks are heavy and dangerous
Yep that battery seems today one of the cheapest manufactured battery solution.

If they can be paralleled then I would buy 2pcs of 50kW inverter.
If one is down the other still can give you power.
Only one inverter is really a single point of failure

I did not see any solar panels over 450Wp until now. I would check this out very carefully.

i will be doing geothermal heating and cooling better insulation and powering water wells and 4 smaller houses and my workshop on the ranch. how many amps am i going to be able to pull ? is this things even gonna work ? can i pull this off is the technology finally here with price per kilowatt. will i be able to put the grid behind me and power my property with minimal issues. im in sunny southern california.
Do a power consumption test (energy audit). See how many Amps do you use and how many is the inrush current.

or should i just keep breaking down each solar array for each house, shop and well.

its just 7 systems to manage or 1 big system. so like 6 / 15kw systems and a 10kw system ?

The main reason you have to think about is space.
If you can put all things (solar panels, MPPT or microinverter+charger, inverter, battery) together then one big system is better.
If not then you have to separate it. You can have like 7 separated system working together as a microgrid.

100kw 10kwh 48v lifepo4 battery bank " 10x10 "or should i get a bigger one but there so heavy and a burden everything is already heavy enough
169 x 590w solar panels

Sounds interesting but these products are out of my wheelhouse. But given your comment about the 2016 system I would look to components that are either main stream or maybe items that others here have used like @upnorthandpersonal 48v system and is using I believe 500w panels direct from China with success.

@toms idea on a distributive system sounds interesting to help address your demands but I think we would need to know more about your scenario, needs vs. wants, first before we can provide any decent feedback / suggestions. good luck

48v system and is using I believe 500w panels direct from China with success.

Just don't go for Chinese panels you import yourself if you're in the States. The tariffs etc. make this entirely infeasible cost wise. Here in the EU there are no tariffs on solar panels.

Those batteries.
Am i misunderstanding but you can get 48v (51,2 volt packages) at 100 ah for 1.500 usd. That would be cheaper :)

good luck, lets know how it goes

Yes, as long as you can find them since they seem to be sold out all the time from what I gather.
Yep, preordered 6 of them on Nov 8th. they are in transit right now and I will get them Jan 4th. I was told that they were filling orders back far as Oct. that the 48v is their most popular batteries and may run out before all the orders are filled.

looking to build my first off grid system

169 x 590w solar panels

lets try to find me the best quality and prices please. ive been planning and saving up for this for awhile
i did the 15kw grid tie system in 2016. meh i over payed for those junky 280w panels i got robbed tbh

ive found some really nice things here is some of the items that caught my attention please feel free to give some input

10KWh 51.2V 200Ah LiFePO4 Lithium Battery Solar Energy Storage System​

If you trying to build 100kw system. I think high DC voltage battery system you must use. some information you might need
100kwh is good for a small commercial energy storage system. but this required a more professional inverter or BMS. and orgnized battery system like this https://www.coremax-tech.com/produc...ght-768v-200kwh-lithium-battery-bank-storage/

Back