diy solar

diy solar

$108 200aH 3.2 LiFePO4 - taking a gamble

ghostwriter66

"Here - Hold my Beer"
EE from LAX CA -work in SouthTX for giant evil Oil
So i needed to get one of the guys out here a single 200aH 3.2 LiFePO4 battery .... did a quick search of Aliexpress and Alibaba and found this company ... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000885735662.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.65c04c4dDV2jWP .... tried to ask them a few question in English and honestly for the first time had to resort back to Chinese (which I am sure was painful for them to hear) ....

Anyway .. they said they could make - ship - and DELIVER -- door to door -- a 200aH 3.2V for $108 .... SOOOOO while solar panel prices are going to go up rapidly shortly -- there is such a GLUT of LiFePO4's that ppl are trying to sell what they can in order to make rent (if that makes sense) .. not sure how long this will last ... pretty sure if I needed 4 I could have got it all under $399 ...

Just thought I throw out that website .. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE WILL GET -- THEY SAY THEY ARE BRAND NEW - GRADE A ... WILL KEEP YOU POSTED WHEN IT COMES IN ... I do know that it should probably take 45 days to get here -- thats what i am averaging ...

Good luck - I am about to order 16 similar batteries and not sure how to improve my chances of getting good cells.

So i needed to get one of the guys out here a single 200aH 3.2 LiFePO4 battery .... did a quick search of Aliexpress and Alibaba and found this company ... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000885735662.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.65c04c4dDV2jWP .... tried to ask them a few question in English and honestly for the first time had to resort back to Chinese (which I am sure was painful for them to hear) ....

Anyway .. they said they could make - ship - and DELIVER -- door to door -- a 200aH 3.2V for $108 .... SOOOOO while solar panel prices are going to go up rapidly shortly -- there is such a GLUT of LiFePO4's that ppl are trying to sell what they can in order to make rent (if that makes sense) .. not sure how long this will last ... pretty sure if I needed 4 I could have got it all under $399 ...

Just thought I throw out that website .. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE WILL GET -- THEY SAY THEY ARE BRAND NEW - GRADE A ... WILL KEEP YOU POSTED WHEN IT COMES IN ... I do know that it should probably take 45 days to get here -- thats what i am averaging ...
I took a look at the link... (see screen grabs) it seemed to indicate a built in BMS (embedded)? Is this possible? If so, interesting. Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 11.52.16 AM.pngThanks.
Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 11.51.51 AM.png

Not sure I would want any internal BMS if it actually exists. I prefer to control that externally.

I took a look at the link... (see screen grabs) it seemed to indicate a built in BMS (embedded)? Is this possible? If so, interesting. View attachment 20657Thanks.
View attachment 20656

YEAH going to say thats Chinese folks screen grabbing English from somewhere else that they have NO idea what they are reading .... I have never seen a 3.2 with a built in BMS in this battery size or weight ...

Thanks, please let us know how it works. I've been looking at their store myself, they do seem to have some good reviews for their 200ah cells, but also carry some 400ah and 500ah cells. Prices seem pretty fair as well.

I read this post and ordered 8 of them myself. I'm excited especially if those C rates are accurate. When I receive them next month or so I will test them and update everyone as well. The more specs we have on these, the better.

I read this post and ordered 8 of them myself. I'm excited especially if those C rates are accurate. When I receive them next month or so I will test them and update everyone as well. The more specs we have on these, the better.
Looking forward about your review as i planned to buy these batteries soon.

Bought from Aimee at Shenzen Basen on Alibaba DDP to El Paso TX yesterday.
H3b10c61d30fd4a5690524669d6b439aem.jpg_80x80.jpg

3.2V 280Ah Batteries Cell prismatic plate lithium ion battery LiFePO4 280ah

USD 77.40 x 8
1 product(s) in all
USD 799.20

I recieved mine a couple of weeks ago. I'm waiting on my my project trailer to arrive. Trailer was ordered in July and I don't know when it will be ready for pickup. So, the batteries sit in their boxes until I build my trailer.

Good luck - I am about to order 16 similar batteries and not sure how to improve my chances of getting good cells.
Aliexpress has a good rating system. I went with Basen Technologies for 16, 3.2v, 100ah CALB cells. They all test within hundredths of each other. The 200ah cells at $108 delivered appear to be a better deal than what I received with two shipments of 8 cells each (about $1,300 delivered).

I bought 32 similar from Lifepo4 BATT Store on Aliexpress a few months ago. Built 4 each 8S 24V banks using four Daly 150A BMS. I ordered 150A batteries but they were out so they substituted 200A batteries for the same price but the ones I ordered had the plastic case and the ones shipped were aluminum. Following Andrew P's instructions for battery capacity test I got over 200A on each bank so I'm pleased with that. I had the same issues with communication with this store. I asked the following question

"Just noticed the description for the 200Ah has a notice that plastic shells are better for RV than aluminum. Will these be okay in RV if I build a box to go around them? "

and received this reply: "RV is suggested to use aluminum shell, which is lighter and occupies less space. You can use a box to place these batteries. There is no problem. RV in China all use aluminum shell batteries, not using plastic case"

Van is on back order so no data yet on how my box design and build will handle the vibrations.

Only beef with the batteries was that the terminal posts were short on five of the batteries. I compensated but was extra work counterboring my busbars. I built my own copper busbars since the ones they shipped with the batteries were less than 1/16" thick and 1/2" wide which I felt wasn't sufficient for a high current draw. I recommend not paying the extra for the Lifepo4 BATT Store busbars. I paid about $105 each for the batteries. They were well packaged with foam around each individual battery, four to a box, and a couple inches of foam around the four batteries.

hey, any update about your batteries? how was it?
There was a problem with my order, I haven’t received them yet. I’m prepared for when/if they actually do arrive to perform thorough testing.

Hi @ghostwriter66, @8_Hz_WAN_IP, @oldman, do you have anything you could share about your orders?

The listing in the original post is 1 of 3 links I plan to buy from in the next 3 weeks. The 280Ah ones that most of the forum is talking about wouldn't fit where I'd like to put the new battery.

@SV_Stray_Cats I got my pack built after having to get a new bms. The daly was doa. Put pack together then charged. Then broke down and top balanced. Cells seem to be around 210ah per bms. Very pleased with purchase. GL

Back