diy solar

diy solar

12v regulator

I do not think so it will regulate the 5v stuff but the 12/24 volt stuff will be at whatever voltage your battery is.

What are you planning on using with the regulated power?

I have a 12v connection for my laptop, work good when the engine works, on the rv alternator, but it does'nt work on the house batterie alone.

I have a 12v connection for my laptop, work good when the engine works, on the rv alternator, but it does'nt work on the house batterie alone.
Do you make electronic items or are you looking for an off the shelf solution?

Off the shelf solution, probably something like that?

120watt DC-DC Voltage Converter Regulator Voltage Reducer Regulator Voltage Stabilizer 8-40V to 12V 10A good for Car,Audio,Solar Energy,photovoltaic Energy Waterproof

I would suggest you look at the voltage at your socket when it is just on the battery and it is not working. If that voltage is lower than 12v, then maybe you need 12v. But if the voltage is 12.6 or something like that, then getting a 12.0v regulator will not help you. When the motor is running you are most likely seeing 15v or so. For example if the laptop really needs 14v to work, then you need to know that. Get the voltage with and without the engine running and see what you have.

Do you have an AC power supply for the laptop? If so look on the nameplate and see what that output voltage is. Most of them are around 19-20 volts. If you know what the power supply outputs, then getting something that will step up from say 12.6 to <above what your engine running voltage is) and not higher than your AC power supply's output is, should work fine, as long at the amps are enough.

diy solar

diy solar
Back