diy solar

diy solar

12VOLT Solar Power Station inspired by Will!

Jmad

Hey guys, I built this for my trailer to power lighting and small appliances, as well as to have in case this whole corona virus thing gets crazy,
The inverter isn’t what I really wanted to use but it will work for the time being Intil I upgrade to a better one, it’s a 3000w mod sine wave. Kinda pissed cuz I could of swore it was a pure sine wave. I literally used it all summer last year thinking yeaaa I finally have a pure sine wave inverter. Anyways the charge controller is a cheapie, I’m waiting for the 40amp Victron. I personally want to thank will for his videos as well as you guys here in the forum, the information and presentation is world class. I ave learned a lot in the past months vs many years of crappy youtubers.
I am open and would appreciate views as well as comments, questions and criticisms, that’s the only way I’ll learn and grow.
Thanks again everyone
Stay safe

Awesome man! I subscribed to your channel.

Let me know how I can help.

Here's the latest video I just put up:

Awesome man! I subscribed to your channel.

Let me know how I can help.

Here's the latest video I just put up:

Whats that breaker you're using for pv disconnect & how big is your system? Sorry, if you don't mind I would also like to know about that router and which wifi service you're using.

Whats that breaker you're using for pv disconnect & how big is your system? Sorry, if you don't mind I would also like to know about that router and which wifi service you're using.
Here is a full discussion on the build: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/need-some-help.1342/

Here is also a video explaining the entire build:

I'll be doing a feature video on the wifi router and my connectivity off grid. But in the meantime, I am using the BR1 mini from Peplink. it is freaking awesome!

Here is a full discussion on the build: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/need-some-help.1342/

Here is also a video explaining the entire build:

I'll be doing a feature video on the wifi router and my connectivity off grid. But in the meantime, I am using the BR1 mini from Peplink. it is freaking awesome!
Brilliant! I'll suscribe. Few questions:

1. What gauge wire to your inverter from busbar
2. Why 40a DC Braker?
3. How far are your panels to use #8?
4. Are your panels grounded to the same rod as your SCC & Inverter?

Brilliant! I'll suscribe. Few questions:

1. What gauge wire to your inverter from busbar
2. Why 40a DC Braker?
3. How far are your panels to use #8?
4. Are your panels grounded to the same rod as your SCC & Inverter?

answers:

#1) 6 gauge wire
#2) through consulting with members of the forum and other professional help, this was what was concluded
#3) three feet and 8 gauge wire is what is factory installed on the panels
#4) yes

Jm

It is what it is, I just keep getting notifications and I’m like kool someone checked me out.... nope lol,
Btw we have the same intials

Lol thanks, I wasn’t looking for a pat on the back I was just excited to post on this forum, it’s in beta right now... it’ll be more bad ass when my orders arrive.

Great attention to detail. Really nice set up.

You are infamous now!
I saw your post but did not watch your video.
If you had of posted the pic that Will posted I would have watched.
That’s a sweet batter

I click on the link and YouTube opens but I don’t see the video with that battery. Am I missing something?

I’m sorry, maybe I missed it, but I was looking for that battery that MBR posted in the video

Attachments

• A3E263E1-75AB-4B69-A030-A4755FAB7B14.png
    A3E263E1-75AB-4B69-A030-A4755FAB7B14.png
    638.3 KB · Views: 16
Back