diy solar

diy solar

2 hybrid inverters charging same battery bank

falconxxx7

Hi, can 2 hybrid inverters charge the same (one) battery bank + BMS ? The inverters can be connected in parallel through CAN data or indipendantly running in free mode.
Im not sure if the energy management system and charging sytstem of the inverters would get confused error
Thanks

Multiple charging sources are not a problem.
As long as the total charging amount doesn't exceed the battery manufacturers recommendations.

Multiple charging sources are not a problem.
As long as the total charging amount doesn't exceed the battery manufacturers recommendations.
thanks did you manage to this with hybrids ? Even when force charging one inverter but not the other for example

Hybrid makes no difference. A charging source is a charging source.
My system will have 10 charging sources, by the time it's completely finished.
Just don't put more amps into the battery than recommend.

No i wont put more amps for sure .. depending on settings hybrids energy mangement sytem needs to decide between PV power battery load and feed back export energy, Im not sure if one inverter is on one mode meaning force charging batteries for example, it would affect the other inverter since the load (house) is connected to all inverters in parallel.
I suppose best way is to try :)

The solax hybrids are coming up with an intermittent error "isolation fault" and need to reset the inverter every time. Its not always the same one , any help appreciate it. They are both running in free mode not parrallel via can

I have similar connection for 1 year now I did have issues with the inverters fighting each other one to charge one to go to float and discharges the battery ? very weird.

Is the DC battery circuitry always floating on hybrid inverters?

You cannot know when one inverter starts bulk charging and you have make sure they are reading the same voltage and setting compensation so that they have the same voltage I had a difference of real voltage about 0.5 v the other since we have power blackouts The programming of different inverters can be different since I Don't have the Samy type connected otherwise the parallel connection they know when to charge and how much.

It's not a problem.
Mine are connected in parallel. And depending on each one's solar production. One can be discharging while the rest are charging.

It's not a problem.
Mine are connected in parallel. And depending on each one's solar production. One can be discharging while the rest are charging.
Yes it's not a problem only when charging from the grid and there is some solar energy available there will be an issue of one inverter trying to feed back battery power to the grid this happened to me on sorotec vm4 the older generation hybrid.

And this issue was there even if the ongrid feed back to grid was disabled!! In the new units I don't have this issue with inverters working independently. But I had issue with one inverter burning everything else please use fuses and proper size based on your load dc breaker.

Attachments

• 20231204_010107.jpg
    20231204_010107.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20231202_175335_VBMS.jpg
    Screenshot_20231202_175335_VBMS.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 8
  • 20231204_010049.jpg
    20231204_010049.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • 20231203_084156.jpg
    20231203_084156.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 20231206_130211.jpg
    20231206_130211.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20231204_182251.jpg
    20231204_182251.jpg
    604.5 KB · Views: 8
Yikes! At least the BMS software correctly reported "discharge MOSFET abnormality" :eek::(

Think I'll stick with AC coupling when I get my 2nd inverter running.

Yikes! At least the BMS software correctly reported "discharge MOSFET abnormality" :eek::(

Think I'll stick with AC coupling when I get my 2nd inverter running.
The jk Bluetooth just died with the bms this is the other battery bms connected to the 105 battery ANT BMS reporting. I have another 105 battery one was saved with this small 63A dc breaker.

It must the same inverter, the same firmware, and parallel together. Both inverter will discharge the sam amount load If a load is more than a inverter can handle and inverter will take from grid

Last edited:
Back