diy solar

diy solar

2000-3000w Pure Sine 12v Inverter/Charger?

skmt7000

Looking for reccomendations for a 2-3kw 12v PSW inverter with a minimum 50a charger that plays nice with Lifepo4.

I just started looking and was surprised by how minimal the options are on amazon with more than a handful of reviews.

In my first cursory look, i just stumbled upon an amazon return ("used like new") Victron Multiplus II 3000w with 120a charger for $800, so i decided to buy first and just cancel/return if i can't find a significantly cheaper option. I'm thinking a less reputable brand would need to be $550 or less for me to consider anything else. But throw out your reccomendations because who knows, maybe the Victron unit was returned for a reason and it's actually junk.

Looking for reccomendations for a 2-3kw 12v PSW inverter with a minimum 50a charger that plays nice with Lifepo4.

I just started looking and was surprised by how minimal the options are on amazon with more than a handful of reviews.

In my first cursory look, i just stumbled upon an amazon return ("used like new") Victron Multiplus II 3000w with 120a charger for $800, so i decided to buy first and just cancel/return if i can't find a significantly cheaper option. I'm thinking a less reputable brand would need to be $550 or less for me to consider anything else. But throw out your reccomendations because who knows, maybe the Victron unit was returned for a reason and it's actually junk.

You already have what you need. Carry on.

Edit: If the used one turns out to be a dud, just buy a new one... :)

So the chinese seem to be making/selling capable batteries for a fraction of the american brands prices, but they just aren't there yet on the inverter/chargers?

So the chinese seem to be making/selling capable batteries for a fraction of the american brands prices, but they just aren't there yet on the inverter/chargers?

Not even close.

EDIT: When you're the exclusive global manufacturer of LFP cells, it's pretty easy to be an industry leader as well as the bottom of the barrell. The Chinese manufacturers also produce horrifically poor quality batteries as well that literally engage in false advertising (claiming there is a BMS when there's not), and support is often a huge hassle even with the more recognizable brands like Renogy.

The average quality of "american brands" when coupled with the support received is dramatically better than the average Chinese product.

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back