diy solar

diy solar

24V Daly Smart BMS on a 12V system

harbin1234

Sorry if I miss this answer, I did search.
Can I use a 24 volt Daly Smart BMS on my 12 volt system.
I have 8 cells to connect a BMS to, and right now my Daly 4S is not working right, I need an 8S type.
Thanks everyone.

No.

The only time a BMS can transfer between different cell sizes is if it's explicitly designed to do so.

If you have a 2P4S battery (8 cells, but 12V) , you still need a 4S BMS. The parallel cells are a single cell for all intents and purposes.

Thank You for your help, I'll have to purchase another Daly 250 amp Smart BMS 12V 4S then.

No.

The only time a BMS can transfer between different cell sizes is if it's explicitly designed to do so.

If you have a 2P4S battery (8 cells, but 12V) , you still need a 4S BMS. The parallel cells are a single cell for all intents and purposes.
Yup.
I noticed that my Daly Smart Balancer will only show the 4 cells the Daly Smart BMS 4S is attached to even though I am using an 8S Daly Smart Balancer. I don't see all 8 cells in the balancer APP. I just don't know how to fix this problem.
I don't know if this will work but I'm looking at the NEEY 8S Smart Balancer now.

Edit to add: I was checking the NEEY website and it looks like their Smart Active Balancer would need a seperate power supply for a 12V system. So, that is not going to work.

Last edited:
Back