diy solar

diy solar

280ah self build battery Seplos with communication, no balancing or JK with 2A balancing, no communication which one?

Hartswood

Building my first battery, 48v 280AH. I am connecting it to a Sunsynk 8kW hybrid inverter. Which BMS should I pick, a Seplos with communication,but no balancing or a JK with 2A balancing, but no communication?

Thank you. The only reason I can see you'd pick the Seplos is communication, the JK appears superior in all other respects. I guess I'm asking how important communication is for Deye / Sunsynk inverters?

Basically,
Communication lets the battery control the charging.
I don't want the battery telling my system what to do. I tell my system what to do and when to do it.
That being said..........
When I first started, I used Communication. Because I didn't know what I wanted it to do. Which was nice, until I gained more knowledge about LFP batteries.

I understand. The most common communication protocol appears to be Pylontech. I guess the parameters set by a manufacturer in a protocol would be designed to ensure against warranty claims. It would be in its interest to set charging / discharging currents low and maximum/minimum level of charge conservatively.

Back