diy solar

diy solar

30A Smart Daly BMS does not show any current under 1Amp

tsenator

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed the phenomenon I am experiencing . I bought a small LifePo4 setup to get familiar with Lithium . I purchased 4 small 7200 MA-Hour batteries and a 30 Amp Daly Smart BMS.

After some time I messing around I finally got the BMS 'started' and the bluetooth app working, but what I found was that anything under about 1.0 - 1.2 Amp load the BMS does not show any current flow even though I know for sure current is flowing out of the BMS. If I bump up the load to more than 1.3 Amps the BMS with show the current flowing .

Anyone else experience the Daly BMS current readings not working at low (1 amp and under) loads ? It makes the SOC meter kind of worthless if it does not register any current in low current situations

Attachments

• Daly BMS App Screen low current.jpg
    Daly BMS App Screen low current.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 4
  • BMS Load cell low current.jpg
    BMS Load cell low current.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 4
I was wondering if anyone else has noticed the phenomenon I am experiencing . I bought a small LifePo4 setup to get familiar with Lithium . I purchased 4 small 7200 MA-Hour batteries and a 30 Amp Daly Smart BMS.

After some time I messing around I finally got the BMS 'started' and the bluetooth app working, but what I found was that anything under about 1.0 - 1.2 Amp load the BMS does not show any current flow even though I know for sure current is flowing out of the BMS. If I bump up the load to more than 1.3 Amps the BMS with show the current flowing .

Anyone else experience the Daly BMS current readings not working at low (1 amp and under) loads ? It makes the SOC meter kind of worthless if it does not register any current in low
Change the dfitter current in the sinowealth to <1000mah

Change the dfitter current in the sinowealth to <1000mah
Thanks. I’m away at the moment. I’ll try and order a PC UART cable and downloads that software and try that. Too bad I couldn’t DI ir with Bluetooth software.

Back