diy solar

diy solar

3kW Portable Solar Generator

Higher_wire

Business
Wanted to share with you all a portable solar generator we built for a customer. You may recognize the design, but we used two of our 24v 50Ah (1.3kWh) lithium batteries instead of a single 12v lead acid at the same weight. Includes a 100w AC charger, 20a MPPT charge controller, 3kW inverter, a pair of flood lights, USB charging ports and even a 12v cigarette lighter socket. Total weight is 81 lb, 21 of which is the case itself. Believe it or not, we even have room to fit another 1.3kWh battery.

We're building a smaller suitcase system with our smaller 1.1kWh battery and 600w inverter, too. This was done mainly to show off a couple of new BESS designs we've created.

2kWh solar generator 2.jpg
2kWh solar generator 1.jpg
2kWh solar generator 3.jpg

Is it safe to have that foam on top that big battery fuse? That fuse can get very hot and the foam can catch on fire.
Do you also have any ventilation? I see the foam is also blocking the vent on top of that Inverter.

The foam was removed following the photos, and the ANL fuse has a cover that wasn't installed. We've tested for 30 min at 2000+ watts and it only got about 12°F over ambient inside the case.

@Lazzar we do ship to australia. Most of our sales to oz are smaller - nickel strip, brackets, testers, etc. - because shipping starts at about US$45. A full kit like this would likely be crazy expensive.

We've built a few 1kW systems using a Harbor Freight Apache 3800 case housing our 12v 100Ah LFP battery. Don't have an on-board AC charger but work really well.

If you ship to the UK, I'd be interested in evaluating a unit on my YouTube channel. I have some recommendations too. I believe these suggestions can help improve the unit further.

Back