diy solar

diy solar

400 watts in solar panels

wdbill

I have 1 portable renogy 200 watt suit case and two 100 watt panals mounted to the roof of my suburban. I would like to connect the panels together so I can get 400 watts. I don't have a charge controller just the one that came with the suit case. I was thinking about vicktron 100/30. But I don't think I'll need a big 200AH battery. I'm looking at the SOK 100AH battery. I just found out that a 30 amp charge controller is to much for a 100ah lifepo4 battery. And I don't know if a vicktron 100/20 is to small for the solar panel when you have them all connect them together. I don't plan on the two sets of solar panels to be together all the time but at times I may want to connect them together for 400 watts.

just found out that a 30 amp charge controller is to much for a 100ah lifepo4 battery
That is not true.
In practice you could even charge most 100Ah LiFePo batteries at 50A.

On the other hand, 400W of panels isn’t probably going to give you enough to exceed 30A anyway.

Personally I would buy the victron 40A if the pockets are comfy, or an Epever or MPPSolar if the pockets are not so plush.

Back