diy solar

diy solar

410 watt bifacial panel td6g72m $225 a good price?

I picked up 3 brand-new 380W 144-cell half-cut panels this spring for $1.40 each ($0.39/W), so 410W used panels for $225 each ($0.55/W) doesn’t strike me as a good deal at all.

But to be fair, prices have increased since Spring - the best deal that same vendor has today is new 445W 144-cell half-cut panels for $232 each ($0.52/W).

But for taking the risk of used panels, my view is that you’re paying way too much…

If you’re local to Alt E they allow free pick up from their store.

Also what’s the rating of those bifacial panels of flat mounted to a pitched roof? Seems like a better set up for ground mount with panels behind.

Why are there 400 watt panels and 200 watt panels basically the same price?
Who spends $1.10/W these days???

The 305W panels are a decent deal ($0.45/W), the 415W panels are not bad ($0.52/W), but the 200W panels are a rip-off…

Who spends $1.10/W these days???

The 305W panels are a decent deal ($0.45/W), the 415W panels are not bad ($0.52/W), but the 200W panels are a rip-off…
Yeah, that sucks because I need some smaller panels. Got any recommendation? I'll be using for the eco flow pro and I would like to travel with them

Yeah, that sucks because I need some smaller panels. Got any recommendation? I'll be using for the eco flow pro and I would like to travel with them
At that low power rating, you can usually find a good deal on used panels. Have you checked Santan Solar (AZ)? Or your local Craigslist?

Yeah, I have been trying to find local for a while but I can't find any 200 watt and mono. I'll check out Santan Solar. Thanks

While they don’t offer the greatest selection of panels they are a local vendor that seems to try and offer a product for various uses, not just the cheapest.

I’d have to wager panel turn over of stock and availability is tough to manage.

Because, my 430W QCells from AltE won’t fit on my van. I used 5 ea 200W Sungoldpower from Amazon (Not available now, but others still are). It’s all about supply and demand. How many manufacturers make 100-200W panels for vans and RVs? Distributors have to charge more per panel, rarely sell a pallet of 29, like they do with the big ones.

It would never occur to me to purchase solar panels through Amazon (and no, 400W for $431 is not a ‘decent deal’ ($1.08/W).

I picked up 3 380W half-cut panels this spring for $0.39/W, that’s a decent deal (good deal, even).

Prices have increased since Spring, but in general, $0.50 to $0.60 should still be pretty widely-available if you know where to look.

Back