diy solar

diy solar

They are certainly shiny. I see no mention of any NRTL listings on their website though. Nice that make it in the USA, but you can't install it anywhere in the USA without voiding your homeowners insurance and having the city kick your door in.. :LOL:
I think they are a start-up company.. but looks interesting.. looks likegood stuff..

They are certainly shiny. I see no mention of any NRTL listings on their website though. Nice that make it in the USA, but you can't install it anywhere in the USA without voiding your homeowners insurance and having the city kick your door in.. :LOL:
They don't make it in the USA. If you believe that this slightly modified chinese inverter was designed in the US, you are part of that scammer's target market.

I think they are a start-up company.. but looks interesting.. looks likegood stuff..

New company or not, they are making something that can easily kill people or burn their house down. They should probably get at least an ETL listing.

Since they're just reselling something out of a factory in china, they probably consider themselves no more liable than amazon for selling junk inverters.
I watched a u-tube video yesterday of theirs--on their engineering-- I was impressed.. looks very well thought out and beefy construction..I hope they do well..

It seems you have liked them for some time, judging from your posts about them.
I been following them for half year or so.. maybe less..but they look like they are going somewhere..good for them..!! competition is good for everyone..we all can benefit from others insight..

I'm off grid, so I dont really care so much about all the certs.. just looking to get the most bang for the buck and reliability is important to me..

I like this part on the bottom of Genetry Solars website. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 112583
their ;start-up'
I don't think I will go with Sigineer, the idle consumption is too high. My battery only has 13AH, that will drain in half a day if I let it run. I do plan on adding a couple more batteries but that is just to start.

I do want more available power for my money though... The Phoenix 48/1200 seems so solid but 1000w seems so low.

I was looking at the Cotek sd1500 and 2500 but it seems people on here don't like them anymore? I didn't plan on having ac charging but it might be nice to have. The two have decent idle draw and the prices are acceptable to me for what you get. Even if they aren't LF.

I could just get the Multiplus 3k but then I need to erect a shed for it :ROFLMAO: I'm trying to stay compact and mobile here.
LF (IMHO) is everything.. been there, dun that..

Is the Growatt spf 3000tl lvm-48p an LF? If it is then maybe I will sell all the Victron stuff I have so far and just go with that.

You are not allowed to get rid of your Victron stuff, brother.

I don't think I will go with Sigineer, the idle consumption is too high. My battery only has 13AH, that will drain in half a day if I let it run. I do plan on adding a couple more batteries but that is just to start.

I do want more available power for my money though... The Phoenix 48/1200 seems so solid but 1000w seems so low.

I was looking at the Cotek sd1500 and 2500 but it seems people on here don't like them anymore? I didn't plan on having ac charging but it might be nice to have. The two have decent idle draw and the prices are acceptable to me for what you get. Even if they aren't LF.

I could just get the Multiplus 3k but then I need to erect a shed for it :ROFLMAO: I'm trying to stay compact and mobile here.

Yes, I have heard Cotek inverters used to be good, but not so much anymore.

Maybe the Samlex PST-1500-48. It is a HF 48 VDC 120 VAC 1500 watt inverter. Samlex makes solid inverters. Idle consumption is less than 0.5 amps or less than 24 Watts.

(13ah x 48v 624wh = battery). 624wh / 24w = 26 hours of idle time if my math is right.

Some more batteries would be a good idea.

Attachments

• Samlex PST-1500-48 Specs.pdf
    542.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
@775

Don't forget, the Victron Phoenix will need who knows what adapters to play along with the shunt, it does not have built in bluetooth and I'm not sure it has ve.smart networking either. It looks really pretty though. And @Will Prowse likes it. You saw how giddy he was about in his video.

Back