diy solar

diy solar

48 V 5 kWh System Off-the-shelf Battery Recommendations for Beginner

flammafeuer

I am building a 5 kWh system for a glamping context. I plan to get 3 kW basic inverter (also could use suggestions, will run some power tools) and have a Victron 150/35 charger at the moment. I am definitely buying off the shelf used or new. I've watched some videos, and specifically looked at SOK and AOLithium topics on this forum, but I still feel a bit stuck on the decision. Price matters to some degree, but reliability matters more (shipping back for a warranty repair would be onerous). I have worked with electronics for years, so maintenance is not out of the question, but not desirable, as I don't have much time to debug. The price on the AOLithium 5.12 kWh looks great right now, I could almost see getting two. Some other factors matter, like weight (I may need to move it around this campground a little, and not on wheels). There's no internet, and may not be for a long time. I imagine putting it into a small shed, but the area is otherwise expposed to the elements. Suggestions?

I am building a 5 kWh system for a glamping context. I plan to get 3 kW basic inverter (also could use suggestions, will run some power tools) and have a Victron 150/35 charger at the moment. I am definitely buying off the shelf used or new. I've watched some videos, and specifically looked at SOK and AOLithium topics on this forum, but I still feel a bit stuck on the decision. Price matters to some degree, but reliability matters more (shipping back for a warranty repair would be onerous). I have worked with electronics for years, so maintenance is not out of the question, but not desirable, as I don't have much time to debug. The price on the AOLithium 5.12 kWh looks great right now, I could almost see getting two. Some other factors matter, like weight (I may need to move it around this campground a little, and not on wheels). There's no internet, and may not be for a long time. I imagine putting it into a small shed, but the area is otherwise expposed to the elements. Suggestions?
Water proof? Server Rack?

Checkout the DIY mobile dollys (General Purpose Hand Truck) several on YouTube.

Water proof? Server Rack?

Checkout the DIY mobile dollys (General Purpose Hand Truck) several on YouTube.
Doesn't need to be water proof, nor water resistant, but it could be high humidity sometimes. E.g., in a shed outdoors in the rain. I did check out a dolly build, and that might work for mobility, though I would need a bigger shed for a dolly (with big wheels and also somehow some clearance)

Back