diy solar

diy solar

48v littokala battery using 105ah Prismatic cells

sshibly

Solar Enthusiast
48v - I am digging it for my solar solution,
I am looking at 48v components.

First was LIFEPO4 prismatic cells.

280ah - is just too big, too much space needed for my little tiny ranch.

I already have 4 littokala 100ah prismatic cells, so I went on Aliexpress to look for what they have and I found 16 pack x 105ah littokalas for under $600,

I was like SHUT Lithium Clucking door, that was under $600 DELIVERED.
5.3kw
I looked for that item and I can't find it now, I will post a link once I find it.

I think the 105 ah 48v system will take up bit less than 1/2 the space of a 280ah system of the same volts.

Cost wise, I can't believe these are cheaper than 280ah cells.

Last edited:
Im also interested in a 48V System with about 40kg. This weight can carried with two persons. So I have only 2.5kg per cell. So a good cell is 100Ah up to 125Ah.

I checked the prices for 105ah cells.

But this 16 cells is 680EUR + 400EUR shipping. This ist not a big deal compared with the 280Ah cells.

Im also interested in a 48V System with about 40kg. This weight can carried with two persons. So I have only 2.5kg per cell. So a good cell is 100Ah up to 125Ah.

I checked the prices for 105ah cells.

But this 16 cells is 680EUR + 400EUR shipping. This ist not a big deal compared with the 280Ah cells.
Found it,
free shipping to USA,
What is shipping to your location in EU?

Hallo sshibly,

for me your deal looks different. For 16x105Ah it is about 666EUR with free shipping. You had a good deal with 592$.

-> Is there a tax difference?

Thx

Is there concern that that these are not really grade A cells? All the newest cells appear to be 280ah or larger. I would assume there is still need for smaller capacity cells to fit in already limited form factors. Maybe I just see too many posts where grade A cells are delivered bulging and/or dented.

No. The form factor is not a problem. My problem is the weight. Id like to build, setup and test the complete package before carring to the final position. So the battery should not heavier than 40kg. This is 2.5kg per Cell for an 16S configuration.

@FrankB When referring to form factor I just meant that the manufacturer was still making smaller cells as some machinery may require limited space, therefore making smaller capacity cells for that reason. I just don't have much trust with the descriptions on Ali or AliExpress as to what they are selling, quality wise.

I completely understand you not wanting to forklift your batteries into place. :)

No. The form factor is not a problem. My problem is the weight. Id like to build, setup and test the complete package before carring to the final position. So the battery should not heavier than 40kg. This is 2.5kg per Cell for an 16S configuration.
I would like to be able to use my 48v battery in remote locations, once I win the lottery maybe a cabin next to Harrison F in Yellowstone. :cool:

Back