diy solar

diy solar

500amp overkill bms

I agree that could happen, however this is for a Golf Cart, so you will need a rule that you cannot charge the golf cart while you are driving it (or the cart is turned on).

It will be easy to leave the long cord that attaches to the solar panel at home. ?
This is actually for a ess but everyone thought it was for a high amp draw application due to the 500 amp capability but the real reason is battery hookup is selling these contactors for $12.50 each and overkill bms has these 8s 80 amp bms for $97.00 so I’m trying to build a 500 amp Bluetooth bms for about $120.00 if all works well that’s a great price ?

This is actually for a ess but everyone thought it was for a high amp draw application due to the 500 amp capability but the real reason is battery hookup is selling these contactors for $12.50 each and overkill bms has these 8s 80 amp bms for $97.00 so I’m trying to build a 500 amp Bluetooth bms for about $120.00 if all works well that’s a great price ?
So, how many amps do you need? If it's only 200A or so, then surely you can buy a BMS with that capability for not much more and save all the hassle and complications? Or am I missing something?

So, how many amps do you need? If it's only 200A or so, then surely you can buy a BMS with that capability for not much more and save all the hassle and complications? Or am I missing something?
The reality is you are bypassing most protections anyways just buy a cheap 20 amp BMS and use the contractor.
I used a Daly 60 amp BMS with a relay to run a 2000 watt inverter for a short time when I built my first LFP as a test.

The main goal is to see if I can convert a fet type bms to a higher amp contactor type this will give me the option to retrofit my 4 100 amp bms if the need arises or future high draw projects you never know when you might need a Atv golf cart

Back