diy solar

diy solar

5th Wheel 50Amp 2 phase AC input system.

JRLocator

I am new to the Solar world. I really appreciate Will's video's and info. Bought the book. I have become addicted! I have a 5th Wheel RV. Researching to install Solar to it. The question I have and I have not seen the discussion on it, is that I have a 50 amp input with obviously 2 120V inputs. When I install an inverter, how do I hook up to utilize both legs in the RV? Is there an inverter that is set up with 2 outputs or do I need 2 inverters. Thanks in advance for the expert advice.

Most inverters are going be a single phase output, so only half of the RV circuit would be available via the inverter. You could use two inverters, one for each phase or opt for a 2 phase inverter such as this Victron https://www.victronenergy.com/inverters-chargers/multiplus-ii-2x-120v .

I had a single phase Victron Multiplus 12/3000 and upgraded to the one linked and can power both legs in my 5th wheel.

I think any 120/240V split-phase RV also works with 120V (single phase) fed to both legs.

2 phase is not the right term for this. Split phase is what everyone calls it, but it's just single phase 120/240.

Back