diy solar

diy solar

6000XP Firmware failing to update.

Jsauerii

Edit Update: Not so unlike others a half day later after repeated failures to update it appears to be fixed. I can only assume something is busted and either SS, EG4 or Lux has something set up so they can see specific failures happening and are possibly stealth fixing the issues. I have seen stranger things done to avoid showing there is an issue. Things generally don't magic themselves better. I would like to know the truth about what is occurring, why it is occurring or how its being fixed.

I was already leery enough of having a way to remote access something in my house that could be turned into a destructive device by altering settings in such a way that could cause a fire, short or otherwise especially when said item comes from a communist china. I understand ease of access for the installer, but there is no firewalls here, Its risky business.

*******OP ***********

The second 6000XP inverter I picked up will NOT update, keeps failing. The first time through it appeared to be stuck after about 30 minutes I rebooted the inverter, since then it will just fail to update from the monitor app webpage and I cannot get it to see any further trying to do it directly via dongle on phone etc. The inverter was working fine but I have to run identical firmware for two 6000Xp's in parallel. Anyone else had issues?

Last edited:
I really figured someone would have had something similar or an idea for a fix. Color me surprised, not sure what color it is but..... :)

At least my second reply showed me another thread the search didn't earlier that they are having the same issues with the same initial firmware.
Posted here for anyone running across this in the future. https://diysolarforum.com/threads/6000xp-firmware-update-then-error.83757/ . Sadly as is often the case no answers as to why its not working as intended or what the fix is, just that someone else finally found a way to fix it, For the record this is not helpful at all for those of us who wish to fix our own junk or know how it was fixed. FWIW

Back