diy solar

diy solar

6000xp reading interpretation?

D. Abineri

jUst installed my 6000xp with 48V and 240 v input and I am wondering what one of the monitoring diagrams means.

Right now, after sunset it is showing no PV input (obviously), No grid input, just power from the battery to the inverter and then going to EPS (not sure what that means I have no emergency power), and nothing to the house which certanly has lights on, refridgerator, dishwaher and more going. How do I interpret this?

Also why will the Maintenance page not accept a DISCHARGE CUT-OFF VOLTAGE without giving a ERROR 3?

Thanks for your assistance.

Last edited:
Hello! Hope you are enjoying the 6000xp. I certainly am!
EPS stands for emergency power supply...that translates to power taken from the battery.
"Consumption" is only when using GRID.
You will notice that your load is either on EPS or Consumption. Corresponding to Battery and Grid.
Discharge cut-off voltage needs to be lower than your On grid EOD voltage. That might be your issue.

Hello! Hope you are enjoying the 6000xp. I certainly am!
EPS stands for emergency power supply...that translates to power taken from the battery.
"Consumption" is only when using GRID.
You will notice that your load is either on EPS or Consumption. Corresponding to Battery and Grid.
Discharge cut-off voltage needs to be lower than your On grid EOD voltage. That might be your issue.
Thank you for this clarification. May I also ask how the inverter decides what to do with the solar it collects. Does it just go to charging the battery or does it also supply the load? Are there ways that a user can affect such choices? Thanks again for your reply. Right nows the XP went offline and I am not sure how to get it back as it was previously?

May I also ask how the inverter decides what to do with the solar it collects
If you are using "EPS" mode, Solar will power the loads and the rest will charge the battery.
If you are in grid mode. Solar ONLY charges the battery and the grid handles the loads.
Are there ways that a user can affect such choices?
Yes. It all comes down to manipulating the On Grid EOD Voltage. This is the cutoff for the transition to and from battery. AT the voltage here, it switches from battery to grid. At 3 volts ABOVE this setting, it turns back to battery.

This was hard for me to understand at first so here is what I do:
When I want to go to grid and my battery is at 49 volts I put in 52V in the On Grid EOD Voltage 3 volts above my actual battery voltage.
If I want to go back to battery, I go back to my usual On Grid EOD Voltage of 47V
YOUR voltages will be different than mine as our batteries are different.

If you are using "EPS" mode, Solar will power the loads and the rest will charge the battery.
If you are in grid mode. Solar ONLY charges the battery and the grid handles the loads.

Yes. It all comes down to manipulating the On Grid EOD Voltage. This is the cutoff for the transition to and from battery. AT the voltage here, it switches from battery to grid. At 3 volts ABOVE this setting, it turns back to battery.

This was hard for me to understand at first so here is what I do:
When I want to go to grid and my battery is at 49 volts I put in 52V in the On Grid EOD Voltage 3 volts above my actual battery voltage.
If I want to go back to battery, I go back to my usual On Grid EOD Voltage of 47V
YOUR voltages will be different than mine as our batteries are different.
Thank you, very useful information, I'll play with this.
What do you mean by offline?
I can no longer receive the data on the pc app. The wireless dongle has one flashing green led looking for the network, I guess. How do I get it back online?

Thank you, very useful information, I'll play with this.

I can no longer receive the data on the pc app. The wireless dongle has one flashing green led looking for the network, I guess. How do I get it back online?
This is probably related to signal strength at the install location. I had the same problem and It forced me to upgrade my wifi router and then reconfigure the wifi.
Perhaps you can move your router closer?

You can also log into the 6000xp using Bluetooth but the range is limited.

This is probably related to signal strength at the install location. I had the same problem and It forced me to upgrade my wifi router and then reconfigure the wifi.
Perhaps you can move your router closer?

You can also log into the 6000xp using Bluetooth but the range is limited.
Does the dongle need to connect to wifi in order to use BlueTooth? Thanks

Back