diy solar

diy solar

6000XP Wiring Diagram for System with Optimizers, EG4 Battery

rmassuser

I have come up with a wiring diagram for an off grid setup using the Powerpro wall mounted battery with the EG4 6000xp off grid inverter.
I have a package of material that is 20 pages long, but the key part that may apply to others is the wiring diagram. This info is not really in the EG4 manuals in this level of detail, so I thought I would share in case anyone can benefit from it, or critique it. This is just a plan for wiring one string of the inverter. Once the weather gets good I will submit a plan that wires up the other MPPT with more panels; I think the inverter could support about 7 of these panels per string, so the system would be good for around 6.37 kilowatts at a cost of $10.5K if your roof has the space.

wiring diagram.jpg

Last edited:
I have come up with a wiring diagram for an off grid setup using the Powerpro wall mounted battery with the EG4 6000xp off grid inverter.
I have a package of material that is 20 pages long, but the key part that may apply to others is the wiring diagram. This info is not really in the EG4 manuals in this level of detail, so I thought I would share in case anyone can benefit from it, or critique it. This is just a plan for wiring one string of the inverter. Once the weather gets good I will submit a plan that wires up the other MPPT with more panels; I think the inverter could support about 7 of these panels per string, so the system would be good for around 6.37 kilowatts at a cost of $10.5K if your roof has the space.

View attachment 192940
Very nice diagram. The only thing I would change is to connect your rapid shutdown switch to the SW dry contact terminals on the 6000xp rather than to the aux terminals on the CCA. Otherwise it would shutdown the panels ONLY and not the inverter and batteries. If you connect it to the inverter, the inverter also shuts down the 12v terminals powering the CCA and thus will shutdown the panel output as well.

I presume the AC input is coming from your main panel where the N-G bond is and they won’t be bonded anywhere else…

Good Job.

Review notes:
1) Have a look at 2/0 AWG base amperage 195A versus 225A
2) EG4 Battey has a 125A double poll breaker but used as a 250A breaker (Positive conductor running in parallel within breaker). Per manual note
3) Panel modules wires are 12AWG ( I think)

Hope this helps.

Thank, you, very helpful.

Quick question, I thought the 6000XP already had a DC disconnect built in? But your diagram is showing a separate one. Forgive me if this is an ignorant question, very new to solar wiring and the 6000XP.

Thank, you, very helpful.

Quick question, I thought the 6000XP already had a DC disconnect built in? But your diagram is showing a separate one. Forgive me if this is an ignorant question, very new to solar wiring and the 6000XP.

The 6000XP does have a built-in PV breaker, however, the separate DC isolator switch allows the extra safety of connecting and disconnecting the PV wires without live voltage.

Back