diy solar

diy solar

6kw Growatt issues

nailbender50

Totally off grid with a Growatt...sometimes inverter refuses to recognize generator AC input and or drops AC input...and it shows a #10 fault...can't do anything with system until next day...then it is back to what I call normal...is there a way I can clear the #10 fault with out waiting till the next day??? Lithium 48volt batteries now read 49.7 volts on Growatt and still refuses to turn on or pass generator 240 volts thru the inverter...could use some direction here...got # 10 fault cleared...but it still will not recognize a 240 AC input???

Last edited:
The 6000 won't charge from AC unless the voltage and frequency are within range. Is your generator an inverter type? If not, it likely has a frequency that is too high. You can sometimes plug a decent sized load into the inverter (like a 1000W heater) which will lower the frequency, maybe enough to make the Growatt happy.

FYI, this didn't work for my Honda 6500 non-inverter generator. With no load it ran at 64Hz. I put on 2000W of electric heaters which brought the frequency down to 61Hz, and the Growatt would briefly connect but disconnect moments later. After another minute or so, it would try again. But, I was never successful to get the inverter to charge my batteries from the generator.

I bought an inverter generator which has an output of pretty much exactly 60Hz, and my Growatt 6000 was happy with that.

Have heard a lot of people complain about Gro Watts not accepting the AC input. See if you can widen the parameters for frequency and voltage other than that sounds like Gro Watt should be called gross what. Use a third party voltage monitoring relay to start the

The growatt limits on voltage and frequency is for your protection. Saves the inverter (mainly mosfets) and you home electronics. If that is of no concern to you there are other inverters that don't take this in account and would fit you wants better.

Back