diy solar

diy solar

72V Split phase 120-0-120 Inverter?

silverramp

Hello, I am thinking about using a large 72V 22kWh battery as a home backup/ time of use optimizer for a home. The idea would be to use a transfer switch to change between grid or battery power. For this to work with the existing panel, it would be necessary to have split phase 120-0-120V AC output from the inverter. Does anyone know of 72V inverters that can do this (either with one inverter, or two inverters wired together)? Thanks in advance!

You and this guy need to collaborate:

You and this guy need to collaborate:

Don't see the similarity between our issues... I'm looking for a split phase 72V inverter, he is working with 60V...

So I guess that nothing they might find would be helpful to you.
But if you run across anything that would work for them, I'm sure that they would appreciate you passing it along.

Don't see the similarity between our issues... I'm looking for a split phase 72V inverter, he is working with 60V...

64V technically.

Right a 72V system will be ~60V-84V (0-100%), also he isn't doing split phase.

The working range of his system is an absolute range of 50-72V, with the vast majority of his battery capacity in the 62-69V range - Well within 60-84V

You must have missed the split phase inverter he linked.

Last edited:
Hello, I am thinking about using a large 72V 22kWh battery as a home backup/ time of use optimizer for a home. The idea would be to use a transfer switch to change between grid or battery power. For this to work with the existing panel, it would be necessary to have split phase 120-0-120V AC output from the inverter. Does anyone know of 72V inverters that can do this (either with one inverter, or two inverters wired together)? Thanks in advance!

Have you thought about a UPS ?

I have a 72v model they are available, not sure about split phase . Might be worth a look

Back