diy solar

diy solar

96v system

Exactly, but swap it out with what? Is there comparable manufacture’s prop that fits? There are on line calculators that you input data that gets you very close, if not good enough. Perhaps a prop Manufacturer like Solas should be jumping on this. I’ve had excellent success with those on Suzuki, Yamaha and Mercury outboards. That being said, I’ve probably bought at least two props for each application before being satisfied with performance. Some manufacturers offer a limited exchange program. That’s freaking smart and awesome! I probably should get busy on eBay, I have at least 7 props for engines I don’t have anymore and don’t plan on ever getting.
How do i know.
I'm not a seller .
Just see what the prop use for connection and see who sell it .

The rest is try and error.

If i set a new engine and i need a new prop on my boat .
It gone cost me about 1000 euro or more just for a new one.
Normal it be test on a test bank with the old one and than with that a new prop is Select and than try.

96V 65A MPPT Solar Charger 48V 60V 72V Auto Wake Up Dead Battery DC180V PV Input 6600W for Off Gird Solar System Sealed Gel AGM Flooded Lithium Battery On Amazon.​

I am not suggesting that this is ideal, but maybe a way to move forward.

This company makes a 96 volt AC - DC charger.

So what you could do is use solar to charge a 48 volt battery - run the power through an inverter - and then power the 96 volt charger.

Here are a couple of their on line re-sellers.

Last edited:
I would imagine if you run your 26kW motor at 3.5kW, which might be what your 5kW solar would give, you would travel at 4kts, giving you a free 30nm a day.
In my spare time I’ve been designing in 3D CAD a modular hull of prefab sections and each section to hold large battery packs(decided to stay in 50volt zone), each 70kwh. The smallest boat @ 44’LOA is multi-utility platform on the water and can fit three BESS modules all connected to a central BMU. So, these fully charge power packs can feed both the ac load panel… as well as the propulsion system when desired. Each 4’ hull module assembly added to the boat length will allow another 70kwh of stored energy. So, although the PV is small, storage is high. The banks can be charged twice as fast using shore connection but that’s cheating. The project’s goal is zero emission on the waterways.

What for brand .
My self looking for a hybrid systeem.

So i have look in to this systeem
So i can use the diesel engine to make power and charge the battery with it
But the systeem is on 48 volt .

This is the model my self looking for.

You can select Translate by Google Chrome if the website do not support it.

And full electric

And than

Or

Other hybride systeem
See by. FNM BLUE HYBRID SYSTEEM engine

You can always contact them its do sell to other country.
The ePropulsion looks cool but from what I can tell from their site, the outboard and battery is sold together.

The ePropulsion looks cool but from what I can tell from their site, the outboard and battery is sold together.
Not for the Navy and bigger series. They come with just a battery cable you can connect to pretty much any 48V battery. I have a Navy 6 and have it connected to 48V of Li-time

In my spare time I’ve been designing in 3D CAD a modular hull of prefab sections and each section to hold large battery packs(decided to stay in 50volt zone), each 70kwh. The smallest boat @ 44’LOA is multi-utility platform on the water and can fit three BESS modules all connected to a central BMU. So, these fully charge power packs can feed both the ac load panel… as well as the propulsion system when desired. Each 4’ hull module assembly added to the boat length will allow another 70kwh of stored energy. So, although the PV is small, storage is high. The banks can be charged twice as fast using shore connection but that’s cheating. The project’s goal is zero emission on the waterways.
Love the thought of an electric boat, but also love the thought of 20-foot-long-class boats that plane, so let me know when 100HP-ish electric jet modules are available...

Love the thought of an electric boat, but also love the thought of 20-foot-long-class boats that plane, so let me know when 100HP-ish electric jet modules are available...
They already are available. How thick is your wallet is more the question.

diy solar

diy solar
Back