diy solar

diy solar

A few pointers (help) if you dont mind

Urge38

I am slowly gathering the necessary items to add solar to my off-grid system.

today's questions concern before and after a MPPT.

TriStar MPPT 45a BUT ONLY maxing at 23a as this is what I have sized my array to run.
I will be running two set of 3 panals in series, to two separate MPPT TRiSTAR's rated at 45A each, I know with the total array, I could run the entire array through just one MPPT, but I happen to now have two TriStar's, and I may as well half the work for each.

from my batteries (lifPo4 rack batts 48v x 4) to my MPPT I have purchased a TOMZN 63A DC 2P double pole circuit breaker.

I wish for the braker to be no more than a switch, to cut power to the MPPT, s. Question, is this braker ok to use as a switch (one braker per mppt) ?? and do I wire the MPPT as the load (I am Guessing) and the battery as the consumer (line)

second question,
from the MPPTs to the array, I have purchased one IMO SI32-PEL64R-4 32A DC 600V Main Switch as the array isolator switch,

it has four poles,
would I be correct in thinking each pole is rated to 32a ????

last question plz
would/should I be looking to add a DC Surge protector, and if so, were???

(reference only, two sets of 3 x 435w panels (voc 39.33, Isc 14.22A) in series going through the four pole DC IMO 32a disconnect switch then on to two Tristar 45a MPPTs, out of each mppt it goes through two brakers (one per mppt) and then on to my batteries)

I wish for the braker to be no more than a switch, to cut power to the MPPT, s. Question, is this braker ok to use as a switch (one braker per mppt) ?? and do I wire the MPPT as the load (I am Guessing) and the battery as the consumer (line)
Yes to all. As long as the conductors are sized for the MPPT maximum output.
second question,
from the MPPTs to the array, I have purchased one IMO SI32-PEL64R-4 32A DC 600V Main Switch as the array isolator switch,

it has four poles,
would I be correct in thinking each pole is rated to 32a ????
Yes
last question plz
would/should I be looking to add a DC Surge protector, and if so, were???
On each PV circuit near the SCC.

Back