diy solar

diy solar

About DIY 48V, is the above configuration correct?

Rain@

I have an inverter SRNE HFP4850S80-145, Max PV open circuit voltage:145V; MPPT voltage range: 60-115V; Max PV input power: 4400W; Max PV input current: 50A; Max PV charging power: 4200W
8pcs 330W solar panels; Open circuit voltage: 42V; Power voltage: 34V; Power current: 10A
I want to DIY 16S 48V system, the cell is 200Ah; BMS: 16S 48V 200A
Is the above configuration correct? (one 5kw inverter+16S battery pack+4S4P solar panels)

same thinking here
need 1 more for 3x3
I have the SRNE HF4850U80-H and you have me wondering if I am reading my manual correctly as it reads maximum PV open circuit voltage is 500 VDC. Seems like a huge difference between our models. A little gun shy as I was silly and didn't disconnect battery before trying to connect cables to solar inputs, thought inputs would not be energized and strand of wire touched casing and toasted motherboard. $350.00 later and I scared to do anything.

4S of 42V Voc panels is 168V !!! Magic smoke time :(

3S (126V) is the most you can do on that 145V input, so you'll need another panel to do 3S 5P.
Please let me ask some more stupid questions😅
I just caculated it, If 3S 5P, the total solar panels' power is 4,950W, doesn't this matter?
By the way, when connecting solar panels in parallel, do I need to consider the inverter parameter "Max PV input current: 50A"?

I'm a solar newbie and wishing I had spent more time on this forum than watching YouTube videos.
I would say you need to stay under those parameters and believe there's a safety calculation to add for when panels are producing in cold weather.
Don't forget to calculate for your combiner/ disconnect breaker.

Please let me ask some more stupid questions😅
I just caculated it, If 3S 5P, the total solar panels' power is 4,950W, doesn't this matter?
By the way, when connecting solar panels in parallel, do I need to consider the inverter parameter "Max PV input current: 50A"?
VOC is important. Amperage, not so much.
Voltage is pushed, Amperage must be drawn.
Having more Amperage available is called "overpaneling".
It's helpful in the morning, evening, and on cloudy days. When production is normally decreased.
But at some point overpaneling too much can be wasteful. If you can't make use of it.

Back