diy solar

diy solar

ACr error on Renogy MPPT 40 Controller

1、Do you connect or start the load in this state?
2、Please test the voltage of the BAT port on the controller and tell the result
The battery port on the controller is fine. Both PV in and Battery Out are at the same read as the batteries, I think it was 13.7.

1、Do you connect or start the load in this state?
2、Please test the voltage of the BAT port on the controller and tell the result

There should not be an issue with the shunt in circuit, or the use of a incorrect fuse for the inverter, you have other problems.

Without knowing the status of the batteries its difficult to advise, ACr error suggests the Rover is upset with battery volts.

I recomend you reinstall the Victron shunt and use the voltage and current display to help fault find the problem. Note the SOC reading is perhaps incorrect if the unit hasn't been set up correctly.

You need to confirm the state ofcharge of the batteries, battery volts will give a rough estimate.

Note its important with the Rover to 'see' battery volts before panels are connected, with the battery isolator switch its easy to invoke this requirement. The Renogy Rover has been known to have issues and is not a 'first choice ' for a reliable system. With a Victron shunt and Lynx distributer, a Victron Smart Solar controller would have produced a more Integrated system.

Mike
6/18/23
Mike,

I tend to agree with you that those things are not the issue. As far as the Rover seeing the batteries, I did, and do always turn the rover on first then the PV connection.
The batteries are all at 13.7 volts. The controller also says they are full.

No. That was NOT it. See edited comment at top dated 6/18 pm
Ok, just so you know, when you edited that comment on 6/18, it really confuses the heck out of me, because now it doesn’t flow with the timeline of all the comments. I suggest you delete that comment and add a new one with the same content. It will make it much easier to follow your thread.

Updated 6/18/23 pm

Well, its been a few days of troubleshooting... checked all connections, tightened all connections. The solar panels ARE producing appropriate volts. Batteries are all fully charged. But the inverter still does not work. The MPPT Rover controller still gets an ACR error always when I turn on the inverter, and sometimes when I turn on the switch that turns the fuse box panel on. But the fuse box is random... sometimes it runs for a good while before throwing an ACR error. So the upshot is it is having the random ACR errors.

Also, I am getting "floating numbers" (ie. numbers floating between 14. to 13.4... on the meter, not a number staying constant) on the connections to the inverter, and also the 12 v blue sea fuse box. These reads should be constant, or so I am told.

Also, if this makes a difference, on the controller, the PV light is slow flashing, that indicates "the controller is going through a boost stage". It has ALWAYS done this... not sure if that matters. ?

I don't know where the issue is, as I tightened ALL the connections. I checked the ground connection... it reads a number consistent with the batteries... so I think that means the ground is okay. ??

Back