diy solar

diy solar

Added the last 2 panels to my 5er

Looks good! I like that thermostat. I have the typical RV thermostat from the 80's (on a 2006 trailer) that is difficult to set to "Off" and the temperature slider is 70° F, or maybe 78° F, depending upon how it feels that day.

Looks good! I like that thermostat. I have the typical RV thermostat from the 80's (on a 2006 trailer) that is difficult to set to "Off" and the temperature slider is 70° F, or maybe 78° F, depending upon how it feels that day.
Those new micro air thermostats are very nice. Finally someone made a programmable thermostat for an RV and can be monitored/operated remotely if wifi is available.

Nice setup...1200w is sweet. It's very convenient when solor can carry most or all the loads and even charge the batteries during the large load cycling.

My SOC was 39% this morning before the solar started charging, by 11 it was 66% SOC and getting warm in the 5th wheel so set the a/c at 72f and it cycles roughly 35 minutes at rest and 16 minutes running. Now at 1:04pm it's 72% SOC . Solar and LFP running the a/c is so nice and cool, literally. Maybe we get to a full charge, maybe we don't... it's not era of dead lead anymore. ;)

Nice setup...1200w is sweet. It's very convenient when solor can carry most or all the loads and even charge the batteries during the large load cycling.

My SOC was 39% this morning before the solar started charging, by 11 it was 66% SOC and getting warm in the 5th wheel so set the a/c at 72f and it cycles roughly 35 minutes at rest and 16 minutes running. Now at 1:04pm it's 72% SOC . Solar and LFP running the a/c is so nice and cool, literally. Maybe we get to a full charge, maybe we don't... it's not era of dead lead anymore. ;)
It was awesome today. Pulled the camper out of storage @ 1000 and brought it home to get it ready for camping this weekend. I didn't feel like lugging out the 75 ft 50A power cord to the trailer, so I just turned on the inverter. Fridge cooled down and I ran the A/C for about 4 hours. It wasn't hot so it didn't run a lot. With 800W of solar feeding the system, I wasn't pulling a lot of amps from the batteries. I love it.

Can I ask what power the 15K BTU Air Conditionerpulls from the batteries?

MIne pulls about 1650 watts from the batteries and about 1375 from the inverter. Does fluctuate by about 100 watts so hard to get an exact measurement. I have 2200 watts of panels with it on now at 2 PM, and the panels produce about as much as the RV uses with less than a 100 watts goingto and from the battery.

I receive my last two panels today and hope to get them on in the next few days.

My reading right now.

Solar 864.4 watts

Before turning on A/C:
Batteries display... 13.51v, 78% SOC
Charging 51a +/- 1a
Magnum display Inverting: 13.4 -11a loads

A/C (15k) on
Batteries display... 13.35v, -41a
Magnum display...Inverting 13.1v -120a +/- (1,572w)

Back