diy solar

diy solar

Advice please on epever solar controller settings

Gdog

Hi guys, need some help please, I’m just setting up a system on my caravan, I have two 380 w panels, each going into a 30amp epever solar controller.
just to be clear, two panels, and two controllers.
then both controllers wired to the battery, which is a SOK 206 ah lithium.
SOK recommend 40 amp charge with a maximum of 50 amp.
Is there a way to restrict the input to 40 amps?
Where I live we often have lots of overcast or rainy days, which is why I have plenty of solar. But on sunny days I think I may be putting in too many amps.
Cheers

Hi guys, need some help please, I’m just setting up a system on my caravan, I have two 380 w panels, each going into a 30amp epever solar controller.
just to be clear, two panels, and two controllers.
then both controllers wired to the battery, which is a SOK 206 ah lithium.
Where I live we often have lots of overcast or rainy days, which is why I have plenty of solar. But on sunny days I think I may be putting in too many amps.
Cheers
Parallel another battery if able.

Not in the EpEver controller. Some controllers do let you derate output.

I suspect this is an artificially-low limit on the manufacturer's part; 60A going into 206Ah of LiFePO4 is only 0.29C. IMO that is still on the conservative side of charging. I'm the local scaredy-cat and I charge my LFP up to 0.4C.

NOT giving advice, but if it were my bank I'd leave it connected to 60A of solar and drop the oddly-high charging voltage from 14.6v to something lower. Maybe 14.0v for starters.

This post elsewhere on the forum suggests people are pushing past the stated limits and talking about it on the SOK FB page. I don't do Fakebook or have SOK so I'm not digging in there. :)

edit: also see this post

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys.
Puts my mind at rest, I think I will be happy to leave things as they are.:)
Also thanks for the link, gives a novice like me a better understanding.

Back