diy solar

diy solar

AiLi Battery Monitor

I just finished getting this meter installed and while I really like it a few times now it has just randomly dropped the percentage down to 0.0%. Has anyone else experienced this? I can hold the percentage button down to reset it but if the battery isn't full its not going to be accurate.

No mine has always worked okay, even after disconnecting the battery it returns to the correct % when the battery is reconnected.

Does anyone know how to factory reset this unit? I have a battery that I will be adding and removing from the system from time to time so that would effect my total AH in the bank so I'd need to reset the unit to reconfigure my total AH's correct?

Not sure on a reset but on another post by Freep he found by holding the 2 outer buttons it turns off the backlight so maybe that takes you to a menu...don't know.

The other option is once you know the Ah capacity of the batteries just hold the centre button for 3 seconds which then allows you to change the Ah setting to the Ah you have by using the outer buttons as a plus or minus. Once done charge the batteries till they are fully charged then hold the % button for 3 seconds which then puts the gauge to 100% to match the batteries.

The backlight off "trick" is in the instruction manual.

Attachments

• IMG_4953.jpg
    IMG_4953.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 57
350a version confirm it says 350a on it? I ordered one from Amazon and it said 500a
Same. And the 100A one says 150A on it. (I ordered the smaller one then got cold feet and ordered the larger one).

Attachments

• IMG_4954.JPG
    IMG_4954.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 12
andomly dropped the percentage down to 0.0%
I just installed mine and it looked great. I put a load on it and a couple mins later it said 0%, same as you. I plugged shore power back in and let it charge overnight and it says 1.8% now. The batteries are full so I manually reset it to 100%. Haven't troubleshot past that. Did yours get better?

I was under the impression if they are closer to actual usage then they are more accurate, or rather the larger ones have a harder time monitoring small loads. I would say more often then not I use less than 30 amps but could possibly pull up to 185 with my inverter size. If that's not the case, then yeah more is better. It is round by the way.
To follow up on this. I set mine to my battery size (tested) and from 100% (set when full) to 0%, it was dead on. I got about .01% more power before the low voltage disconnect. My concern about having the larger size shunt was unwarranted.

After seeing Will's youtube feature on AiLi Battery monitor I ended up getting the 350A one and fitted it today to the caravan. It works very well but I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer.

Due to a small current flow to the hard wired CO/gas alarm the backlight of the AiLi screen won't go out, if I disconnect the alarm the backlight goes out but as soon as I reconnect it the backlight comes on.

My issue is that with the screen lit up it lights up the inside of the van at night which is rather annoying, so I was wondering can the backlight be turned off somehow or can the backlight on current setting be adjusted slightly higher. There is nothing in the info that came with the monitor.

Specs:
Current 350A,
Backlight on current 150mA
Backlight off current 110mA

thanks
Scotty
Hold the two arrow keys at the same time back light goes out

Hello guys
My battery capacity monitor indicator shows discharging but the indicator for charging does not come on (little triangle point up) any ideas

Hello guys
My battery capacity monitor indicator shows discharging but the indicator for charging does not come on (little triangle point up) any ideas
Are you charging?
Is the charge current going through the shunt?
Is the shunt reversed?

I think you are correct the charge current is going to the other neg post the batteries are wired in parallel. So do I need to connect to same neg post as the shunt to make it work? The shunt is not reversed and yes I was charging.

I think you are correct the charge current is going to the other neg post the batteries are wired in parallel. So do I need to connect to same neg post as the shunt to make it work? The shunt is not reversed and yes I was charging.
The shunt has to be in the current path for it to "see" the current.

Not to derail the thread but can anyone with the 350a version confirm it says 350a on it? I ordered one from Amazon and it said 500a so I exchanged it and the new one says 500a too. Looking on the internet I saw some 100v 500a versions and I'm wondering if they are just labeling them as 350a.
If you read the manual carefully you might notice that the 350A version can handle continuous current of 350A and peak current of 500A.

The backlight off "trick" is in the instruction manual.
FWIW, I cannot find this in the paper Guide that came with my SOK version of the Ali. Nor can I find it in the Guide which someone uploaded to this forum. (Which are not exactly the same.) Although the backlight trick works with my unit, regardless.

Last edited:
FWIW, I cannot find this in the paper Guide that came with my SOK version of the Ali. Nor can I find it in the Guide which someone uploaded to this forum. (Which are not exactly the same.) Although the backlight trick works with my unit, regardless.

If someone has an instruction manual that has the 'trick' spelled out please post it. I will update the resource

If someone has an instruction manual that has the 'trick' spelled out please post it. I will update the resource
Holding the two outside buttons(V and %) down for a few seconds turns the light off.

I just finished getting this meter installed and while I really like it a few times now it has just randomly dropped the percentage down to 0.0%. Has anyone else experienced this? I can hold the percentage button down to reset it but if the battery isn't full its not going to be accurate.
Mine is installed in a golf cart with a 51v lithium RoyPow battery. I set the voltage on the meter to 51v (in voltage display, press and hold center button for 3 seconds). If the battery voltage drops below the set voltage (can be under a load, just for a moment) the meter resets to 0.0%. I changed the meter voltage setting to 1.0v and haven't had any further problem.

Back