diy solar

diy solar

AIO EG4 or similar vs ?... Quality? Victron.. Charge controller inverter..

Looking at charge controllers the Victrons just seem the way to go, the ones that will do 12 24 36 48 but what do I know, I know very little about this but learning. I had chats with a local guy who has done this for 40 year plus and he told me solar was a pain in the a$$ and expensive to do it big scale and lead me to believe smaller simpler lower power systems were a better choice for this tech in my app. That is why I believe doing a budget portable system is probably best for me. I will make concessions and live with a light bulb a small fridge and music if need be and possibly a vibrator for Rosie..

I like using an aio and then adding charge controllers like victron to help keep the batteries charged once the aio's has max panels added.

Thanks for all the info, greatly appreciated. I thought about it a little more and I want a real simple setup that is portable but like a Lego set to where I can add power with flexibility. I just want it to use extension cords but be able to plug into the main grid if possible. Again thanks... I was thinking maybe I could just buy a bunch of portable power stations to keep it real simple but I would not get much power for the money or could I start out like this and add onto one?

I should probably not talk being a noob myself, so take everything I say with a grain or so of salt.

Victron has an AIO in the EasySolar-II right? So you kinda get the best of both worlds. Be very careful where you buy your Victron stuff from though. I got mine off of Amazon and the retailer there is not big on support. Not Amazon, but the vendor I got the stuff from. I put in a ticket with Victron and got kicked to the vendor (Victron's support policy), who hasn't been all that quick with responses. Good thing the stuff pretty much just runs. And the documentation was way way WAY better than the Renogy stuff I have used. On the other hand, I was able to get ahold of Renogy's support when I needed them. That has to be worth something.
Thanks.....

Back