diy solar

diy solar

All Electric Tractor

on forums you can reply to people from months ago, that's how they work. Looks like you have that figured out as well as you have all this technology figured out. I'd suggest you learn how things work or you'll keep going on schizo rants being scared of them while not even knowing how to avoid them.
satellite* & Learn to quote people
Also patriot act paved way to all of this invasion.
It takes about 30 minutes to make a quadricopter, make your own.
I knew you were trolling so What is your real beef.? 🤡

Yep, talking about how GPS, GNSS, etc works. and the micro java platform on sim cards
Real trolling. Take your meds
IMG_5742.jpeg
You can’t read nor comprehend. 🤡 you are ignorant asf. Probably just stupid.

Never notice this thread but an excavator or tractor would be quite easy to convert to running on batteries.

No need for some complex from some manufacturer. Excavator even easier motor-driven hydraulic pumps are readily available.

Oh and a quick edit.

A hydrostatic tractor as well.

You only need to just worry about running a pump, just like the excavator.

Last edited:
Never notice this thread but an excavator or tractor would be quite easy to convert to running on batteries.

No need for some complex from some manufacturer. Excavator even easier motor-driven hydraulic pumps are readily available.

Oh and a quick edit.

A hydrostatic tractor as well.

You only need to just worry about running a pump, just like the excavator.

That would be even better if we could convert our excavator and skidder to electric. I wouldn't have the first clue how to start doing that though. But would love to learn.

That would be even better if we could convert our excavator and skidder to electric. I wouldn't have the first clue how to start doing that though. But would love to learn.
In most of the small machines it's 1 engine and 1 pump.. They get more pumps the larger but what you're doing is basically taking out the engine, taking out the pumps, replacing them with electric pumps and something to power the electric pumps

You can technically get some 3 phase ones and a long extension cord too 🤣

In most of the small machines it's 1 engine and 1 pump.. They get more pumps the larger but what you're doing is basically taking out the engine, taking out the pumps, replacing them with electric pumps and something to power the electric pumps

You can technically get some 3 phase ones and a long extension cord too 🤣
How long do you think it would work, as in do the work the machines do if limited to the space inside the existing machines. In other words you can't have a trailer behind you with a ton of batteries. I would bet it would not make it an hour.

You can hear the engine bog down if you are really pushing or lifting something. And if pushing you need to drive the wheels/tracks as well as the bucket.

How long do you think it would work, as in do the work the machines do if limited to the space inside the existing machines. In other words you can't have a trailer behind you with a ton of batteries. I would bet it would not make it an hour.

You can hear the engine bog down if you are really pushing or lifting something. And if pushing you need to drive the wheels/tracks as well as the bucket.

It wouldn't be too bad because you could use the batteries for the needed counterweight if one were so inclined.

However, you're going to be $50,000 into a Kubota Mini that is nothing more than a glorified sandbox toy and for what? The things can go all day on 10 gallons of gas already.

Edit: Diesel, not gas. 🤣

Last edited:

no idea, but battery technology is certainly the thing to watch right now. It is not slacking but it is definitely lacking!
We already have more distance than the average gas tank but the real killer will be the being able to "charge" vs "fill your tank" just as fast
Then we can have smaller batteries again and just fill them faster

We have solid state worked on by 10+ companies and some smaller ones exist, even a larger one exists but it is slow charging
We also have lithium sulfur that supposedly is in production right now and they're building mass production lines..

It wouldn't be too bad because you could use the batteries for the needed counterweight if one were so inclined.

However, you're going to be $50,000 into a Kubota Mini that is nothing more than a glorified sandbox toy and for what? The things can go all day on 10 gallons of gas already.
Yea only things I'd ever convert are decades old machines that deserve a second life

Think I would just run the diesels. And not muck with it.

Reference type
About the S7X All-Electric Skid-Steer Loader

Like the T7X, the S7X is all electric, as it is powered by a 60.5-kWh, lithium-ion battery, features electric drive motors and utilizes ball screw actuators for lift and tilt functions.  
You charge for 10 hr to use for~ 8.

The last skid steer that I used had a ~50-60 hp diesel engine….diesel is still probably best option.
Think would let it mature for electric …copy their setups for their electrified machinery.

I would try find one in good shape but had a bad diesel engine vs ripping a perfectly good diesel powered unit apart.

We live in real world planning the future with vaporware is very hazardous.

I've seen some very practical conversions done on compact and medium sized tractors. Always tractors with frame rails, not one that uses the engine as a structural part for obvious reasons. A DIY approach is more work but infinitely more reliable. More robust parts with a proven track record. 48 volts is possible on a compact tractor. You can get by with less horse power with a DC motor so its not really necessary to have a 25 HP motor like the original. A 18-20 HP may do.

Several MPPT controllers support up to 100 volts output so I guess thats 27-28s for lifepo4 max or roughly 89-90 volts. A 200 amp limit which I consider to be reasonable would get you roughly 19 HP. You could direct solar charge it, plugging in the solar panels into an onboard MPPT charger. I would prefer to have removable batteries. Your never far from a home charge station. Basically just a lithium powered fork lift on steroids.

Most electric anything I see these days has proprietary tech with planned obsolescence built in. Networked with software updates that could brick it or require expensive dealer level only parts and mechanic only repairs. The EV conversion market has a dearth of electric parts and kits that have decades of proven reliability and simplicity. Just my .00002 cents adjusted for inflation.

Who’s gonna be the guinea pig and throw a powerpro or 3 onto a Ford 8n???

I have not been on X but why would you say he censor more than Twitter did?

Just saw this, but I say that not just because of those he banned, but because of his "freedom of speech, not freedom of reach" policy which is nothing more than shadow banning like Zuck does. He has made it so that people are heavily restricted on who can see what they write. It's more effective than flat out censorship. You get targeted people to basically write a diary that can be used against them (read by the government and the few people allowed to see it) that has little to no ability to persuade others in the public square.

Back