diy solar

diy solar

All hooked up and everything works..sorta

@fazeshift..using a multi, I’m getting 62v floating as you calculated.
Assuming the jumper wire trick you mentioned worked in my case, what would be the permanent fix for this? Any ideas?

The ground/neutral bonding box utilizing the dry contacts on the inverter is probably the most correct answer, though I am failing to find a technical reason why the neutral jumper is "bad" as a permanent fix.

Seems the jumper between neutrals is what watts 24/7 suggests on their MPP units, and he seems to be familiar with the issue.

Attachments

• A8E15CCD-9CD5-4D30-9E45-6CF15044304A.png
    A8E15CCD-9CD5-4D30-9E45-6CF15044304A.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Seems the jumper between neutrals is what watts 24/7 suggests on their MPP units, and he seems to be familiar with the issue.

Did you see the discussion in this older thread...

Did you see the discussion in this older thread...

Thanks for that, looks like the gang has a working fix I’ll have to try. Neither Signature or Growatt wants to address my missing program 24, so looks like I’m on my own. I wrote GW, and here’s reply. I asked for a copy of this special manual, that doesn’t seem to exist on interweb.
“ I have forwarded this issue over to the team.
They have checked the latest manual for this inverter and confirmed that
this inverter does not have a program 24.”

Guys doing off grid having same issues, but they’re bonding N and G, and bypassing case ground.

Made the jump, and now showing ground on AC out. Hope the band aid is bulletproof.

Attachments

• 74BA55E7-2B3F-4349-ABED-EDC46761EFF9.jpeg
    74BA55E7-2B3F-4349-ABED-EDC46761EFF9.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 23
Back