diy solar

diy solar

All-in-one controller from Amazon

Jim Burrow

Solar Enthusiast
Does anyone know the difference between the 3KVA 2400W 24V 50A all-in-one inverter by Vikye-h sold on Amazon and the PIP 2424LV-MSD sold by MPP Solar? They look the same but without the MPP logo and one LCD display function is missing.

Buying through Amazon will save a person $128 in shipping as both units are about the same price.

The second question, has anyone bought the Vikye-h controller/inverter from Amazon?

Does anyone know the difference between the 3KVA 2400W 24V 50A all-in-one inverter by Vikye-h sold on Amazon and the PIP 2424LV-MSD sold by MPP Solar? They look the same but without the MPP logo and one LCD display function is missing.

Buying through Amazon will save a person $128 in shipping as both units are about the same price.

The second question, has anyone bought the Vikye-h controller/inverter from Amazon?
The vendor for this states it is 220v output.
A review of another similarly rebranded unit, stated the unit operated at 50hz.
So, perhaps there are some of these units that are for outside the U.S.?

The vendor for this states it is 220v output.
A review of another similarly rebranded unit stated the unit operated at 50hz.
So, perhaps there are some of these units that are for outside the U.S.?
Thanks for your replay. No, I'm in the USA, California where it seems to never rain and loves to be in the '90s and 100's during the summer. Both controllers are for 120v ac utility and 24 volts solar and or Battery. On the surface, I see no difference, but the one from Amazon (Vikye-h) seems to be made in Korea and the MPP Solar one is made in Taiwan or China or one those places but have been in business for over 20 years. This is the unit that Well P. tested in one of his videos several months back.

I would like to save the $128 in shipping if both units are the same functionally.

The MPP Solar units are made by another company, it was mentioned elsewhere on the forum so it is possible to get hold of a similar unit under a different name, but there are also plenty of fakes too so beware when buying. What it looks like on the outside bears no relationship to what is inside.

Thanks for your replay. No, I'm in the USA, California where it seems to never rain and loves to be in the '90s and 100's during the summer. Both controllers are for 120v ac utility and 24 volts solar and or Battery. On the surface, I see no difference, but the one from Amazon (Vikye-h) seems to be made in Korea and the MPP Solar one is made in Taiwan or China or one those places but have been in business for over 20 years. This is the unit that Well P. tested in one of his videos several months back.

I would like to save the $128 in shipping if both units are the same functionally.
Perhaps I wasn’t clear-
This unit and others I have seen, have outputs rated at 220v and 50 hz.
These are designed for use NOT in the U.S.

Growatt and MPP Solar are from same factory, quality is decent.

There is a lot of simillar units in Ebay / amazon, some of them are fake MPP Solars, clones or rebranded units, with doubtful quality. If you are going for an MPP Solar alike, i recommend buying only with the USA distributor (Ian) or the official alibaba / express store.

Last edited:
In another room in this forum, it was mentioned that even if the units are the same mechanically, the firmware could be different.

Back