diy solar

diy solar

Almost really bad.

PolyCarbonate sheets at HomeDepot can be cut and make great covers... 5mm is good, 10mm is "bullet proof"
All my DIY Boxes, are made with 3/4" Purebond Plywood & topped off with a hinged polycarb lid.

1 Wee OOPSIE can make for a REALLY BAD DAY !
1st Rule of Crisis Management = PREVENTION !

1 of the 100AH packs.
24v-105ah-jpg.120042

PolyCarbonate sheets at HomeDepot can be cut and make great covers... 5mm is good, 10mm is "bullet proof"
All my DIY Boxes, are made with 3/4" Purebond Plywood & topped off with a hinged polycarb lid.

1 Wee OOPSIE can make for a REALLY BAD DAY !
1st Rule of Crisis Management = PREVENTION !

1 of the 100AH packs.
24v-105ah-jpg.120042
That looks really good. Clean build.

A plastic cover like that is my end goal, The wood was just for prototyping where I need all of the holes and connectors to be. I got to Dremel for Christmas, so now I can cut much more precisely, much better than a sawzall, drill and cutoff wheel.

That looks really good. Clean build.

A plastic cover like that is my end goal, The wood was just for prototyping where I need all of the holes and connectors to be. I got to Dremel for Christmas, so now I can cut much more precisely, much better than a sawzall, drill and cutoff wheel.
The stuff I used, I got from Home Depot, it's called Optix. I cut it on my table saw, and a quick edging with a file and voila. I used 10mm which was overdoing it. Be forewarned, the stuff got crazily expensive, I highly suggest shopping around.

I am retiring my Playwood boxes with Optix lids in favour of new steel cases w/ JK INverter Edition for my 3 existing 280's and adding 3 more for 6 packs in parallel. The 100 stays as is and gets another job on it's own in the Toolshed. That is the end of my Battery Bank build out.

Last edited:
Back