diy solar

diy solar

Am I Crazy? Eco-Worthy tracker

Ive decided to order an eco-worthy tracker to play with. I've got 1 rich solar 200watt panel I had bought awhile back that doesn't pair well with any of my other panels because if its weird stats so I'm going to order 5 more of those and then mount the 6 of them on it. That single orphan panel has been bugging the crap out of me :)

From what I read in the reviews and elsewhere 6 of them fit it perfectly on it so I'll get 1200 watts out of the thing. Should be interesting to see what it does.

Reactions: D71
You see the video of him where his bigger setup fell apart and got destroyed by a storm. His second one with lighter panels survived. The strut was all bent up and the panels fell.
Yes linked earlier… comical. But a good testament to the system if when used as designed with proper weight and spans. I am amazed big system lasted that long ….it weathered several storms according to him. He showed in a video during bad storm- did alright .

Be nice to see someone setup fixed array near a tracker and compare. Same basic panels. One tracked one fixed.

I see these being great for someone small space. Someone that needs panels remain optimal angles max production. Still messing around not got my tracker up. Wrecked my back. Raining a lot too.. power on and off modem on and off on reset.

I found some 650 watt panels for cheap….. 6 x ~650w = ~3900watts around ~26ft run for ground mount. ~$930-~$1000.

I had a 20ft shipping container coming was going to mount panels to it. Top and sides. The seller never communicated back when asked if hazardous materials had been in container …. Hmmm …. So still looking. That seems to be a spooky question to ask container sellers.

Anyway been playing with panels on old pool deck…. 2 each old 325w poly panels will kick the crap out of 4 each ecoworthy 195w bifacial panels. Crazy. Those poly panels are rough shape too. They - poly panels pull ~625w + in series. The 4 each eco 195w pull around ~525-575 or so….on a real good spring day ..once or twice 600w range. Never 780w rating…. Or higher from bifacial. They be fibbing. I was hoping the former pool sand would help ecoworthy bifacial effect. Kind of shocked me for performance that old dirty poly performed so well. Not impressed with ecoworthy.

The ecoworthy are extremely light weight ~20pounds. All 4 eco are about same voltage ~23vdc. I considered popping 2 each ~650watt bifacial on mine to-see how it would do. 6 x 20 = 120pounds.for Ecoworthy

The 650w are 2x~75 = 150pounds they are ~ 94”x51” The tracker is ~117” span. Can tracker take the extra weight of additional 30 pounds? Guy in video over loaded it for big one by about 3x considering the span and weight. One time it looked as if dragging ground on a corner.

The ecoworthy ground mounts were on sale for $89 with discounts got 3 of them…. They need to be reworked - for heavier panels Even with just 2 the Ecoworthy ground mount is flexing and bottoms are touching deck so ran with them touching deck to support weight. The ground mount works like a champ with ecoworthy panels locks together form strong system. This is only temp. The old poly kick butt. They were cheap but are heavy. Btw notice the light - sand on other sides of eco panels that should help bifacial tried get them on edge of old deck allow max light on back.. The cheap bifacial are Pitiful.

Any idea why the poly are doing so well?

IMG_6157.jpeg

Eco ~143w a panel for ~195w bifacial
IMG_6146.jpeg

Poly Wash and cleaned into ~600w range everyday.
IMG_5830.jpeg
Poly ` `316w per for 325 watt rating.
IMG_6145.jpeg

Yes linked earlier… comical. But a good testament to the system if when used as designed with proper weight and spans. I am amazed big system lasted that long ….it weathered several storms according to him. He showed in a video during bad storm- did alright .

Be nice to see someone setup fixed array near a tracker and compare. Same basic panels. One tracked one fixed.

I see these being great for someone small space. Someone that needs panels remain optimal angles max production. Still messing around not got my tracker up. Wrecked my back. Raining a lot too.. power on and off modem on and off on reset.

I found some 650 watt panels for cheap….. 6 x ~650w = ~3900watts around ~26ft run for ground mount. ~$930-~$1000.

I had a 20ft shipping container coming was going to mount panels to it. Top and sides. The seller never communicated back when asked if hazardous materials had been in container …. Hmmm …. So still looking. That seems to be a spooky question to ask container sellers.

Anyway been playing with panels on old pool deck…. 2 each old 325w poly panels will kick the crap out of 4 each ecoworthy 195w bifacial panels. Crazy. Those poly panels are rough shape too. They - poly panels pull ~625w + in series. The 4 each eco 195w pull around ~525-575 or so….on a real good spring day ..once or twice 600w range. Never 780w rating…. Or higher from bifacial. They be fibbing. I was hoping the former pool sand would help ecoworthy bifacial effect. Kind of shocked me for performance that old dirty poly performed so well. Not impressed with ecoworthy.

The ecoworthy are extremely light weight ~20pounds. All 4 eco are about same voltage ~23vdc. I considered popping 2 each ~650watt bifacial on mine to-see how it would do. 6 x 20 = 120pounds.for Ecoworthy

The 650w are 2x~75 = 150pounds they are ~ 94”x51” The tracker is ~117” span. Can tracker take the extra weight of additional 30 pounds? Guy in video over loaded it for big one by about 3x considering the span and weight. One time it looked as if dragging ground on a corner.

The ecoworthy ground mounts were on sale for $89 with discounts got 3 of them…. They need to be reworked - for heavier panels Even with just 2 the Ecoworthy ground mount is flexing and bottoms are touching deck so ran with them touching deck to support weight. The ground mount works like a champ with ecoworthy panels locks together form strong system. This is only temp. The old poly kick butt. They were cheap but are heavy. Btw notice the light - sand on other sides of eco panels that should help bifacial tried get them on edge of old deck allow max light on back.. The cheap bifacial are Pitiful.

View attachment 226564

View attachment 226566

View attachment 226568
View attachment 226567
I did that, before my tracker, panels facing south with adjusting angles I charged up by around 4pm, now I charge up by 1pm, so 40% increase they advertise is real and I can attest the damn things work.

Reactions: D71
Are y

View attachment 226564

View attachment 226566

View attachment 226568
View attachment 226567
Are you getting clipped? Bigger panels, more watts and/or volts? Inverter limits? On my tracker that has 5-200w BourgeRV N bi-facials, 3 in series and 2 in series then in parallel I am getting 635 ish max out of 1000w. In talking with MPP Solar, my parallels are not equal volts so getting the 3rd panel clipped. I disconnected it so 2+2 now and same wattage. I will be upgrading to a 3024 to get 250v input so all 5 in series and expect 800+ watts on the tracker. Compared to my tracker with 3-365w SolarEdge, I get 835+ out of them connected to my Bluetti AC300.

Are y

Are you getting clipped? Bigger panels, more watts and/or volts? Inverter limits? On my tracker that has 5-200w BourgeRV N bi-facials, 3 in series and 2 in series then in parallel I am getting 635 ish max out of 1000w. In talking with MPP Solar, my parallels are not equal volts so getting the 3rd panel clipped. I disconnected it so 2+2 now and same wattage. I will be upgrading to a 3024 to get 250v input so all 5 in series and expect 800+ watts on the tracker. Compared to my tracker with 3-365w SolarEdge, I get 835+ out of them connected to my Bluetti AC300.
I don’t think so. My 3048 is rated 120-145volt. The panels are normally in 70volt range working up 91volts when not working. Should be 800w but everything read never get full rating from ecoworthy….the old ecoworthy 195w didn’t do well in testing. The Ecoworthy bifacial are just not putting out that well. When the tax man leaves will swap 2 each 390watt bifacial and see how they do. Tax man suppose to be here this month- they will pimp to code enforcement about to many panels. Feel like a damn criminal..😁 hiding other panels in garage.

Code enforcement said could have small array no problem ask for specs never got reply. Their control issues. Bad thing most of them probably have not a clue what they are looking at. Except UL labels.

The voltages have decreased since the 195w bifacial were new…i checked them…down Several volts….for ecoworthy. Hmmmm they are very lightweight. I inspected all the mc4 plugs thought one might be faulty. I expected more from first test. There is couple youtube channels show them doing less then good for older non-bifacial 195w. Had watched that video might bought rich or something else. Lightweight panels are best way to go. Will Prowse did a video talking about some higher wattage lightweight panels a while back seem like in 400w range. Weight and span are the enemy with the trackers. The single post worries me in high winds. They have beefed the newer ones up like I bought. You probably got improved one too? The track controller has quick connectors?

I don’t think so. My 3048 is rated 120-145volt. The panels are normally in 70volt range working up 91volts when not working. Should be 800w but everything read never get full rating from ecoworthy….the old ecoworthy 195w didn’t do well in testing. The Ecoworthy bifacial are just not putting out that well. When the tax man leaves will swap 2 each 390watt bifacial and see how they do. Tax man suppose to be here this month- they will pimp to code enforcement about to many panels. Feel like a damn criminal..😁 hiding other panels in garage.

Code enforcement said could have small array no problem ask for specs never got reply. Their control issues. Bad thing most of them probably have not a clue what they are looking at. Except UL labels.

The voltages have decreased since the 195w bifacial were new…i checked them…down Several volts….for ecoworthy. Hmmmm they are very lightweight. I inspected all the mc4 plugs thought one might be faulty. I expected more from first test. There is couple youtube channels show them doing less then good for older non-bifacial 195w. Had watched that video might bought rich or something else. Lightweight panels are best way to go. Will Prowse did a video talking about some higher wattage lightweight panels a while back seem like in 400w range. Weight and span are the enemy with the trackers. The single post worries me in high winds. They have beefed the newer ones up like I bought. You probably got improved one too? The track controller has quick connectors?
You will never get 400x2, more like 70%,so 560w or so at the highest. Panels never get close to their full potential. As far as a tracker in high winds.. we had a near miss Tornado with 120mph winds and mine came out unscathed with 2-365w panels on them, it now has 3 of them, bows and flex’s more, but so far no issues. They weigh less than 6 Rich Solar 200w panels so not overloading it. My BourgeRv 200w N type bi-facials are stooped light, so we shall see how they perform on the other tracker, but currently too much solar for my AIO, so an upgrade coming.

diy solar

diy solar
Back