diy solar

diy solar

Anderson connectors

Stewfish

My RV will have a solar controller mounted in it to charge the batteries. I will not have an inverter, just 12v stuff. The solar panels are going to be on a separate trailer. Eventually the RV will be connected to a different ground Mount system at our property. I'd like to be able to just leave this and the solar controller would stay with RV when go on trips. I was thinking have a one foot piece of wire coming out of the solar controller to an Anderson connector and then the Anderson connector to the power wire from the combiner box coming from the solar array. Of course when I connect and disconnect it, I would first disconnect the breaker at the combiner box but I'm just wondering if the Anderson connector is a good way about going to have a quick disconnect option for the 3 panels. 30v x 3 = 90v max 38v x 3= 114v from panels at 750w to the controller for a 12v RV system.

Thanks for your opinions guys!

Some have the cheap tin plated contacts. Silver plated is much better. If they don't say, it's the tin.
Remember you are dealing with 90v. Keep the Anderson out of the weather.
I was considering it, but had to buy a MC4 tool kit and connectors anyway.
So I used a MC4 bulk head connector on my RV. When disconnected traveling I can seal it up with unused MC4.
MC4 Bulk Head , MC4 tool kit with connectors ,
alternative: anderson panel mount , outlet cover

Back