Now with a smart shunt.

Attachments

• 2022-05-01 (2).png
    2022-05-01 (2).png
    122.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220501_170305.jpg
    20220501_170305.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 13
This project looks great. Well done. I would strongly recommend that you install a BMS on those batteries. T JK BMS would be really smart since it can connect to SA and has a two amp balancer also.
I would just use one BMS for all the batteries and just parallel all the balance leads to the one bms. I know this is an older project for you, but I just saw it today.

This project looks great. Well done. I would strongly recommend that you install a BMS on those batteries. T JK BMS would be really smart since it can connect to SA and has a two amp balancer also.
I would just use one BMS for all the batteries and just parallel all the balance leads to the one bms. I know this is an older project for you, but I just saw it today.

The active balancer in the JK puts it in a different league than the others. Also just because something has more settings doesn’t make it better. The JK gives you access to more than you need and simplifies the operation. I researched online for weeks before committing to the JK and now that I’ve been running them for a few years I know that I made the right choice.
The passive balance on these other bms units out there just can’t handle the large diy packs we are building. They are meant for these smaller batteries and evens then they are undersized. The JK can handle a large battery that is out of balance in a few hours compared to the others taking dozens to hundreds of charge cycles to come even close.

The active balancer in the JK puts it in a different league than the others. Also just because something has more settings doesn’t make it better. The JK gives you access to more than you need and simplifies the operation. I researched online for weeks before committing to the JK and now that I’ve been running them for a few years I know that I made the right choice.
The passive balance on these other bms units out there just can’t handle the large diy packs we are building. They are meant for these smaller batteries and evens then they are undersized. The JK can handle a large battery that is out of balance in a few hours compared to the others taking dozens to hundreds of charge cycles to come even close.
Oh and the whole “it has a screen “ thing… JK offers a screen too, but honestly you do t need it. For the five minutes every few months you want to peek in on how awesome the JK is managing your battery, the Bluetooth app is perfect. And I mean perfect.

Not sure why the "cub cadet" electric ZTR mower has "snow chain" option, but, being as I can't afford $10 to 20k for a 4-wheeler, I think this ZTR is a game changer for me (as a 4-wheeler). Just get a lift kit, the snow chain option, and now I've got:

- a poor man's 4-wheeler ... lift kit (if it works) gets me over all the rocks
- snow chains get me around up here in the s. colorado foothills at 7400'
- all electric ... no need for a Tesla, which wouldn't clear the rocks anyway

Still looking for the enclosed cab option, coffee-cup holders ...

Using it for the first time this season (mid-March, 2024) the LV2424 was pulling ~750 watts from the panels.

Attachments

• Wifi Front1080_IP PTZ Camera_main_20240317174406_@7.jpg
    Wifi Front1080_IP PTZ Camera_main_20240317174406_@7.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • Wifi Front1080_IP PTZ Camera_main_20240317174419_@7.jpg
    Wifi Front1080_IP PTZ Camera_main_20240317174419_@7.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
Back