diy solar

diy solar

another East-West parallel question - I sc

oviwan

Hello everyone,
spent the evening on searching informations for East-West Arrays on one MPPT Controller. This is widely disussed here and i understand the pros & cons and the requirements. But i still miss the Isc max consideration of the Chargecontroller/Hybridinverters.

Simple question: how to handle Isc of the Strings as it will double up on a #S2P Array? (one String for West, one String for East side, ~45° tilt, all Panels identical Type, each String Panels same aligment)

Given that Voc, Startup- and MPPT Voltage is in Range of the MPPT Controller, as well as the Imp as both sides will never produce max. Power at the same time.

From my knowledge, so far, the only way to reach Isc is a hard wired short circuit while the sun is shining at the same time on East- and West side.

- Sun on West- and East Side at same time: impossible
- short circuit on installation: not impossible, but unlikely

Is it just like this? Sorry for my written english, but i hope you'll get the point. Any input will help to max out my MPI 5.5K Hybridinverter.

Thx. in advance,

Cheers,
Harry

That's my take on it.
Go for it.

Each 45 degrees for 90 degrees between them, I expect 1.4x current of a single string, or 0.7x the current that both oriented same would produce.

Back