diy solar

diy solar

Any experience with Pacific Sun Systems / Specialized Power Systems?

krby

Solar Enthusiast
After looking up costs for drop-ins and cells, I've found what looks to me like a good deal for my project (thanks to @KateLee for posting this link)

I've been sizing for 24V and ~200Ah. The link above seems perfect. The ShunBin packs on Amazon that a few folks are trying out are a (shockingly) better deal, but I'm a little sketched out by that one. I could put something together for a less (after adding misc like crossbars, BMS, balancer) with CALB 200Ah cells. But this seems by far the lowest cost for a drop-in from a what looks to me like a reasonable company.

Does anyone have any experience good or bad with these folks? It appears Pacific Sun Systems has been in the business a while, and has spun off either just a brand or company for just the battery side of things. I'm sure like everyone else, they're sourcing from outside the USA and they'll either drop-ship it to me or maybe they assemble and ship it from their US location.

I Googled Pacific Sun Systems. One Google review rated one star.

4 days ago
took my money and stop answering the phone been trying to get in touch with someone for weeks no answer no call back. Don't trust this company at all

Back