diy solar

diy solar

Any experience with the Growatt AXE 5.0-C1 battery?

Hello I have the SPF12000T DVM Growatt with three Axe 5.0 Batteries. The default Protocol of the inverter came at 52 and changed it to 51. The alarm 20 code was erased.
Hey where’d you get that sweet white box that I’m assuming houses all the wiring? Can I get a smaller one by chance?

Just installed one piece last month. So far working ok. Load during the day is 197w and 413w at night from 6.30pm to 6.30am in the morning. DOD at 6.30am is 16%. Installation site is Siaya, Kenya . My inverter is SPF3000TL 3kva 48V. Hope this update will give hope to those aspiring to buy the growatt axe battery.
Any updates? my system was tested last week with Hurricane Fiona, has been working great. Now there is an issue with a fault alarm of Fan Lock and sometimes it does a reboot and keeps running ok. I have the firmware update that Growatt sent me and will be updating after the island recovers from the storm now that the electrical is a autorty that supply's grid is unstable. Will keep updating from Puerto Rico!!!

Last edited:
Hey where’d you get that sweet white box that I’m assuming houses all the wiring? Can I get a smaller one by chance?
Yes they are in the market and different sizes. I bought mine in Puerto Rico at JC Solar Solution ( He is on FB). You can try contact him and see if there is any chance for shipping. The wire way helps a lot to hide all the cables.

Hello how is it working? I have three 5.0 . Any app or software to view batt info?
How are your 3 Axe Batteries working so far ? any problems ? I had 3 x 5.0 L-C1 batteries with capacity of 15kwh. I bought a 4rth ( a year later with different serial number ) to increase the capacity, after 4 days, i lost 33% in each of my old 3 batteries. I'm trying to work it out

How are your 3 Axe Batteries working so far ? any problems ? I had 3 x 5.0 L-C1 batteries with capacity of 15kwh. I bought a 4rth ( a year later with different serial number ) to increase the capacity, after 4 days, i lost 33% in each of my old 3 batteries. I'm trying to work it out
Did you contact Growatt service? That concern is should be consulted. Try emailing Growatt USA, Latinamerica and China. I send emails to all three they respond after 24hrs. Please keep up the updates. I am considering adding one more batt. Question how do you monitor the batteries (BMS) not using shine?

Did you contact Growatt service? That concern is should be consulted. Try emailing Growatt USA, Latinamerica and China. I send emails to all three they respond after 24hrs. Please keep up the updates. I am considering adding one more batt. Question how do you monitor the batteries (BMS) not using shine?
You can’t lol

Hi, I have a new secondary system, this one is the Growatt 3.6 Hybrid inverter, & at first I had, 2 AXE 5kw batteries.
We use 24/7 nearly constant 1 kwh.

The week after, liked it so much, purchased another, AXE 5kw battery, I simply shut everything down, pulled off the safety connection bungs on the new AXE battery, pulled off the power cable lead socket from the top battery, planted the new AXE battery onto the top of the existing AXE battery's & plugged onto the top, the power cable. Powered inverter up, turned solar array on, a few minutes later Inverter said OK, & I pressed on the battery red power buttons. DONE. You could time taken to a few minutes. Just like stacking Lego bricks.
"Albeit making sure it was all powered down first". If available, we should have bought these years ago.
My only gripe with the inverter, I wish it had a separate percentage, power left display.
On the inverter you have to scroll through the LED display, to show percentage of charge , but on the mobile app, that is instant.

The inverter also has an emergency power output, easy to enable & disable.
I connected mine to a protected 13a socket, & from there, I can run cables as need, so long as they DO NOT join anything into the mains.

Back