diy solar

diy solar

Any feedback on currentconnected.com

crzykidd

I am looking at their overstock lv6048 for a project and it has a great price of $800 with no shipping. I generally see people are pretty happy with currentconnect in the forums... just wanted to get input. Also looking at EG4-LL batteries from them, and support issues ordering from CC vs SignatureSolar, etc?

Thanks

Can't go wrong with Current Connected. I don't believe there's anyone better when it comes to quality products and customer service.

Be aware though, anything bought in the Saving Shack comes with no service or warrantee.
That said, I've purchased salvaged cells (16, cosmetic damage (202ah) and 16 from returned SOK batteries (bad BMS) (206ah) with no problem. Cells are/were as good as new.

Bottom line: they won't sell anything questionable (unless like me you ignore multiple cautions/warnings and insist on buying)

I bought (4) JBD 8s BMSs - last week a bluetooth dongle on one failed after two years - I let them know and with no questions asked they sent me a new one.

I ordered cells about 2 years ago. One had a smashed in terminal (from shipping). He supplied a replacement ASAP no problem.

I am bummed that he no longer has PayPal as an option though. I always use PayPal for their 6 months no interest financing. Helps spread out those big purchases.

I haven't bought from them but I have been VERY impressed with answers I received to questions about things I will be ordering from them and I like how they handle themselves on the site here. Seems to be a good company.

I had no problems with them on significant orders. Packed well and delivered on time. It all just works.

I'm in Florida so shipping was off-the-scale and a double whammy with Florida State Tax (thanks DeSantis). On my last order shipping and state tax alone were into the ballpark of $2000.

I'm now looking for decent south-east coast suppliers for my next order.

I’ve been very impressed with them. Although, I had my first disagreement with them yesterday. They dropped their prices on their SOK batteries by about 10%. I had ordered a battery less than 3 business days prior to the price drop and was still waiting for the battery to arrive. I contacted Current Connected to see if they could comp or adjust the price if i placed an order for an additional battery to make up the $150 difference in price for the original order. They refused to adjust the price of my order that was still in delivery.

That said I still think their customer service is top notch and the speed of response to my inquiry was blazing fast as well as courteous. I always was felt it was proper to refund the difference of price drops if with in reasonable time frame. Understandable if it’s been months or longer. But 3 business days is pretty frustrating to have a price drop 10% on a $1,000+ item.

I’ve been very impressed with them. Although, I had my first disagreement with them yesterday. They dropped their prices on their SOK batteries by about 10%. I had ordered a battery less than 3 business days prior to the price drop and was still waiting for the battery to arrive. I contacted Current Connected to see if they could comp or adjust the price if i placed an order for an additional battery to make up the $150 difference in price for the original order. They refused to adjust the price of my order that was still in delivery.

That said I still think their customer service is top notch and the speed of response to my inquiry was blazing fast as well as courteous. I always was felt it was proper to refund the difference of price drops if with in reasonable time frame. Understandable if it’s been months or longer. But 3 business days is pretty frustrating to have a price drop 10% on a $1,000+ item.
Same thing happen to me but I bought my SOK directly from SOK. They wouldn’t do anything about the price drop either. Oh well…..

Same thing happen to me but I bought my SOK directly from SOK. They wouldn’t do anything about the price drop either. Oh well…..
I actually ordered my first battery through SOK I had some difficulty with their customer service so for my second battery, I decided to order from current connected, given their awesome reputation expecting them to be more reasonable with these types of custom service request.

And I do apologize for this...the problem is SOK started a sale on their site without notifying us because they have been sitting on their inventory for a while. Your inquiry pointed this out to us so we updated our prices to match; problem is, now our margin is paper thin and we really can't set the precedence that any time a sale come up, anyone that purchased before the sale gets refunded the difference. It's difficult to say no to this kind of thing but as our company grows and we train new employees, we have to set some procedures and policies so they have some structure to understand what is OK and what isn't.

The sale price nightmare is why distributors should never be put into a position to compete with the manufacturer...but China has different ideologies.

And I do apologize for this...the problem is SOK started a sale on their site without notifying us because they have been sitting on their inventory for a while. Your inquiry pointed this out to us so we updated our prices to match; problem is, now our margin is paper thin and we really can't set the precedence that any time a sale come up, anyone that purchased before the sale gets refunded the difference. It's difficult to say no to this kind of thing but as our company grows and we train new employees, we have to set some procedures and policies so they have some structure to understand what is OK and what isn't.

The sale price nightmare is why distributors should never be put into a position to compete with the manufacturer...but China has different ideologies.
Apology received and accepted.

Is this a temporary “sale” or the new price going forward for this product because the market is changing and new products are now available making these older products drop in price?

Like I mentioned before. I understand a customer who purchased 2, 3, 6 months ago may not be able to receive relief from price slashes, but a customer who wants to find a distributor they can be loyal to, made a purchase 3 business days ago and hasn’t even received their shipment, should be treated with some leniency to retain their business. The margins are between the distributor and the manufacturer. If you want better margins, I’d suggest working out a better deal with them. Or don’t, that’s your call. But it does leave a sour taste in a new customers mouth making them question further business. I don't mean that to be rude but as constructive criticism going forward. Either way, thanks for your quick and courteous responses

Last edited:
Apology received and accepted.

Is this a temporary “sale” or the new price going forward for this product because the market is changing and new products are now available making these older products drop in price?

Like I mentioned before. I understand a customer who purchased 2, 3, 6 months ago may not be able to receive relief from price slashes, but a customer who wants to find a distributor they can be loyal to, made a purchase 3 business days ago and hasn’t even received their shipment, should be treated with some leniency to retain their business. The margins are between the distributor and the manufacturer. If you want better margins, I’d suggest working out a better deal with them. Or don’t, that’s your call. But it does leave a sour taste in a new customers mouth making them question further business. I don't mean that to be rude but as constructive criticism going forward. Either way, thanks for your quick and courteous responses
Well, I don’t disagree. The sale is supposed to be this month only according to SOK because they are overstocked. For the intents and purposes of remaining professional, I’m going to get back to you via email so we aren’t airing out laundry here, you are welcome to share if you choose.

For the record, Dexter reached out to me via email and took care of me in a way that I’m 100% satisfied with.
He always takes care of his customers and yet for some unfathomable reason we have so many users on this forum who try and save a few $$ and gamble with the other guy. Then they come here and complain when they get zero customer service from them.
A year or two ago I was very sympathetic to those people because nobody knew what was happening.
Nowadays that is not the case. I realize that many of them go in with their eyes wide open and just assume it wont happen to them and that the risk is worth it.

Back