diy solar

diy solar

Any interest in something like this?

Eventually thats the plan, but being a one man operation running a separate business that pays the bills I can only work on this in my spare time.
I dont really want to sell it unless its 100 percent, If I am going to build a brand I want to earn the reputation of being rock solid.

I am following keep us updated, definitely be interested in one when the time comes, this is just what I've been looking for

been using this since 2015 on my grid tied system to capture excess going back to grid. Heats the water in the cylinder via 3kw element. (max 3kw)
1690710917701.png

Attachments

• 1690710833321.png
    1690710833321.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 0
My board does track temperature when the temp sensor is connected. Seasonal adjustment is sufficient in most cases and people like playing with knobs. Most people have monotonic thought. The words I most dreaded when meeting with a client were, I only want it to do this. Diversion is a bit too nuanced for this crowd. There are off the shelf and cheap proportional AC bricks which could do fairly easy diversion. You don't see anyone here doing things like that. I have almost nothing for a battery and operate anything I can right off array voltage like dishwasher and clothes washer. My clothes washer has its own 40 gallon tank and all cycles use hot water. Loads come out steaming. Diversion is worth it just for that. I have a front load washer doesn't get mold like the others do and everything gets really clean.

I have almost nothing for a battery and operate anything I can right off array voltage like dishwasher and clothes washer.
Are you powering the Dc bus of an inverter dishwasher and clothes washer directly off of panel voltage ?
Or are you just talking about heating the water for them?

Once my big buck converter is fully tuned up I will have a 350vdc system that is hooked to my heat pump, washer dryer, inverter welder, my fan and air compressor VFD drives.

The beauty of that system is once the solar buck converter output drops to 340vdc the AC part of the inverter starts drawing from the grid seamlessly, all while the solar being completely separate from the grid.

I’m keen, sounds exactly what I need to run my desalination plant when excess PV is available.

If you'd care to make the source open I'd love to check out the algorithm! My hardware/ firmware will be custom as it's for a large hydro dump load controller and needs to be fail safe.. but similar application.

I think there's market for your project - especially as an open source product just because it won't become obsolete and can be optimized per application.

Beware Chinese components these days... Especially the MOSFETs are all fake with tiny little silicon dies ? my recommendation is to not bother with them for most components for something like this that runs people's power systems etc.

Back