diy solar

diy solar

aolithium EG4 18Kpv Settings

dspence73

I spoke to EG4 about setting up the rack mount aolithium batteries to communicate but they said "They don't know. They think they are unsupported".

Anyone else managed to get these things talking?

I'm currently using them as 'lead acid' per EG4 but I don't like that setup.

The aolithium's are using the 16S100A BMS which is fairly common so I found it hard to believe they are not able to get it to work.

It could be a cable pinout also but I don't have that info either.

TIA!

Please correct the typo in your title.
18kpv is the unit that you are referring to.

I don't use closed loop communications.
But hopefully someone else can help you.

The Battery manufacture will be the best one to help you with this problem. I have the protocol if they need it for close loop

I did see in one of Will's videos that the Trophy battery uses the same BMS so if a Trophy will work with the 18Kpv then these should hopefully.

I'll check with aolithium. Thanks!

Well, while digging through the manual I discovered that the dip switches control communication protocols as well... dips 5 & 6 change them so I experiment this evening and report back.

1702408217979.png

I see you have Pylontech CAN.

This is supported with the 18k or 6k Lithium - Setting Protocol 2

Attachments

• EG4-18KPV-12LV-Battery-Compatibility-List.pdf
    195.8 KB · Views: 13
I would follow dspence73's actions from this thread since they share the same communication with the 18kPV. If this does not work, please let me know.
I am still waiting to receive my 6000 XP but wanted to be prepared since the manual does not go into detail on communication.

Attachments

• EG4-6000XP-Battery-Compatibility-List.pdf
    147 KB · Views: 8
Back