diy solar

diy solar

Batrium Installation

I went the opposite way to disconnect my Batrium battery from the charging/discharging in my MotorHome.

I am using a Tyco EV200AAANA Contactor (relay). The Batrium Core keeps sending power to the EV200AAANA as long as Battery OK is good. If the battery goes critical it kills the power and the contactor opens- breaking the circuit.

I figured the little bit of power the coil uses won’t be missed…. That contactor is 9 to 36v - there is another one for 48v. It has been working just fine for 2 years.

It was about $120 new - but somewhere I saw a vendor selling used ones (from EV vehicles) for a really good price.

Edit- battery hookup has used for $25

Last edited:
I went the opposite way to disconnect my Batrium battery from the charging/discharging in my MotorHome.

I am using a Tyco EV200AAANA Contactor (relay). The Batrium Core keeps sending power to the EV200AAANA as long as Battery OK is good. If the battery goes critical it kills the power and the contactor opens- breaking the circuit.

I figured the little bit of power the coil uses won’t be missed…. That contactor is 9 to 36v - there is another one for 48v. It has been working just fine for 2 years.

It was about $120 new - but somewhere I saw a vendor selling used ones (from EV vehicles) for a really good price.

Edit- battery hookup has used for $25

I have lots of contactors from HV hybrid and plug in hybrid batteries (250-345VDC typical) with ratings on the order of 150A. I was contemplating a similar solution.

Also have something like 7 beastly fuses from PHEV packs... Not sure what they are, but if they're good enough for 350V NMC packs, they have to be good enough for 14S NMC. :)

Back