diy solar

diy solar

Multiple battery strings with Batrium cellmate K9

Rasmusm88

New Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2022
Messages
15
Hi all

I've ran into a small problem. For over a year I've been using the batrium watchmon core with a cellmate k9 on my current setup 14s200p, works great.

So I just put my second set of 14s200p battery pack into my system, and bought another cellmate k9.
I might be missing something but I'm not sure, something is defiantly wrong somehow.

Here are the settings.
20240309_175405.jpg
This should be correct? I've typed in that there are a total of 28 packs, and still 14 in series.

But this is the screen I get, see the missing bars in the middle. And only 12 bars to the right.
20240309_175346.jpg

So If I go into the Cellmon tab and type in 30 total packs I get the remaining packs to show up, with a total of 14 next to the empty bars. Also confirming the highest pack is #4 which it is when I measure it with my multimeter aswell.
20240309_175651.jpg
20240309_172214.jpg
20240305_181225.jpg

Every thing is wired to spec, and used the testmon to confirm it.
Also checked the pins with multimeter on the cellmate k9, and everything is good.

But what is up with the empty rows?

I hope some of you can give me an explanation to this 🙂

Have a great weekend.
 
That is over my head sorry, just replying to bump your thread and say that your system looks very neat. There are a few batrium users on this forum - hope someone can make sense of it.
 
I'm not sure how the K9 handles it, but with the older WM5/MM8, you set the "group" to your first cell range (1-14) and the entire range to (1-28)

Have you tried rerunning the config wizard, bypass test, or device sync?
 
Hi, I have not tried that yet. The bypass test and device sync is apparently not for the k9's, atleast it says that on their Wiki page.

However it does say:
It is not used for centralised cell monitors (CellMate-K9) except for the system to detect the number of pins wired and to remember the cell counts per module.
 
Hi, I have not tried that yet. The bypass test and device sync is apparently not for the k9's, atleast it says that on their Wiki page.

However it does say:
It is not used for centralised cell monitors (CellMate-K9) except for the system to detect the number of pins wired and to remember the cell counts per module.
Yeah, I've seen both notes and was as confused as I normally am with Batrium's documentation.
On my older system, it shows test failed, but the button is greyed out and not applicable.

Let me know if that does it. I may be getting a core and 3 K9's for the pack I'm working on now.
 
Wow, 200 in parallel. Do you have any way to monitor each cell? I'm planning on a 5p 48 volt bank and concerned about being able to see what each cell is up to, rather than just the total sum. Thanks
 
Yea, we'll if you mean monitor a single cell individually in each pack, there is no way. But monitering a pack of 200 is beeing done my Batrium and their cellmate k9 🙂

I recently retestet one of my packs after 1 and a 1/2 year of service, it has lost 2.7% capacity on average, cycling between 4v and 3.5v daily. Keep in mind they are used cells to begin with, but each insividual cells are within max 15% degradation from new..
 
Wow, 200 in parallel. Do you have any way to monitor each cell? I'm planning on a 5p 48 volt bank and concerned about being able to see what each cell is up to, rather than just the total sum. Thanks
When cells are connected in parallel they are all held to the same voltage by the bus bars. Unless you're going to add some way to monitor the current to each cell, there's no individual cell monitoring on parallel cells. Even Tesla does it this way.
 
I have fused them all, I guess piece of mind.
Pulled this cell out of one pack last week when I was checking em. No blown fuse, wasn't selfdischarging either, it has just leaked.
20240302_110829.jpg

Peter from HBpowerwall has tried deadshorting a pack to see if fuse wires blew, result was interesting..
 

diy solar

diy solar
Back
Top